Ellen DeGeneres Ailing with Flu, Defers First Trip to Australia
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | March 15, 2013 5:03 PM EST
But staff over at her The Ellen DeGeneres show said it is only a postponement until Ms DeGeneres recovers fully well and get her bearings back.
"The Ellen DeGeneres Show will delay its arrival into Australia by a few days while Ellen recovers from the flu," a spokesperson from Warner Bros.
"Ellen will meet her fans in Sydney later next week, and will then head to Melbourne. More announcements about the trip will be made in coming days."
Ms DeGeneres announced the Australian trip on her show last January to a screaming audience.
The trip was being organized by SWISSE, an Australian vitamin company. When Ms DeGeneres announced her trip on her show, fellow Swisse "global ambassador" and actress Nicole Kidman was around to support her.
Ms DeGeneres and Ms DeRossi were expected to arrive in Australia on Sunday. But because of flu bug condition, both are expected in Sydney at the end of next week.
"Ellen will meet her fans in Sydney later next week, and will then come to Melbourne.
"More announcements about the trip will be made in coming days."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results: Find Out Who Could Be The Winner—Predictions Based on iTunes Chart Rankings
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- 'The Flash' Season 1, Episode 10 Spoilers: Dr Wells Connection To Reverse Flash, Firestorm Focus, and 'Prison Break' Actors As Villains In Next New Episode
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)