Ellen DeGeneres Ailing with Flu, Defers First Trip to Australia
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | March 15, 2013 5:03 PM EST
But staff over at her The Ellen DeGeneres show said it is only a postponement until Ms DeGeneres recovers fully well and get her bearings back.
"The Ellen DeGeneres Show will delay its arrival into Australia by a few days while Ellen recovers from the flu," a spokesperson from Warner Bros.
"Ellen will meet her fans in Sydney later next week, and will then head to Melbourne. More announcements about the trip will be made in coming days."
Ms DeGeneres announced the Australian trip on her show last January to a screaming audience.
The trip was being organized by SWISSE, an Australian vitamin company. When Ms DeGeneres announced her trip on her show, fellow Swisse "global ambassador" and actress Nicole Kidman was around to support her.
Ms DeGeneres and Ms DeRossi were expected to arrive in Australia on Sunday. But because of flu bug condition, both are expected in Sydney at the end of next week.
"Ellen will meet her fans in Sydney later next week, and will then come to Melbourne.
"More announcements about the trip will be made in coming days."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’