The second chapter of the award-winning game from Blizzard Entertainment, Starcraft II, continues with its latest expansion, Heart of the Swarm. The story focuses on Sarah Kerrigan, Queen of the Blades and the zerg swarm with new evolutions, abilitiesand mutation.
As the player goes with the campaign, new achievements unlock new abilities and units, making switching between mutations easy. Here are some details about evolutions, units, abilities and mutation you can use throughout the game.
Zerg units have three different mutations and you can switch among them anytime.
- Adrenal Overload for 50 per cent more attack speed.
- Hardened Carapace to gain additional 10 hit points.
- Metabolic Boost to increase movement speed by 60 per cent.
- Corrosive Acid increases damage to its primary target by 100 per cent.
- Regenerative Acid heals nearby friendly units and structures.
- Rupture adds 50 per cent splash damage.
- Ancillary Carapace adds 20 hit points.
- Frenzy increases attack speed by 50 per cent within 15 seconds.
- Grooved Spines increase attack range by 1.
- Vicious Glave increases attack damage, further distance and bounces glave up to six targets.
- Rapid Regeneration allows self-healing for 10 HP per second after 5 seconds out from combat.
- Sundering Glave increases 9 damage against armoured targets.
- Burrow Charge allows burrowing and charging on a target with stunning effect for nearby enemy units for 2 seconds.
- Tissue Assimilation allows life gain for every damage dealt of up to 40 per cent.
- Pressurised Glands increases splash damage by 20 and applies to both primary and secondary targets.
Evolution is the irreversible version of mutation. You can gain this through special Evolution Missions.
- Raptor Strains: Gains jumping on cliffs ability, leaping over obstacles, and onto target with +2 damage.
- Swarm Strains: Spawn 3 zerglings per egg.
- Splitter Strain: Ability to split into smaller Banelings upon detonation.
- Hunter Strain: Jumping and leaping ability.
- Impaler Strain: Allows morphing into Impaler which attacks units from a distance while burrowed.
- Lurker Strain: Lurker morphing ability, allowing line attacks to multiple enemies while burrowed.
- Brood Lord Strain: Brood Lord morphing ability which attacks ground targets with long range and spawned Broodlings.
- Viper Strain: Viper morph which can pull units close, slow enemy ground units and prevent them from attacking for several seconds, or drain life from friendly units to restore energy.
- Noxious Strain: Creates a Noxious cloud dealing 5 damage per second to nearby energy ground units or Toxic Blast ability, dealing 20 damages to enemy ground units and structures.
- Tarrasque Strain: Enter a Chrysalis when killed for 60 seconds and revived with full health.
Ability Tiers for Kerrigan
- Kinetic Blast: Causes 300 damages to target unit or structure.
- Heroic Fortitude: Gains 200 maximum hit points and increases life regeneration by 100 per cent.
- Leaping Strike: Leaps to target dealing 150 damages.
- Crushing Grip: Stuns enemies in an area for 3 seconds with 30 damages over time.
- Chain Reaction: Deals normal damage to a single target and jumps to additional enemies nearby. Up to four secondary enemies with 10 damages each.
- Psionic Shift: Dashes enemies, dealing 50 damages and increases movement speed by 3 per cent.
- Zergling Reconstitution: Respawns up to 10 zerglings every 30 seconds until all zerglings returns to life.
- Improved Overlords: Morphing of overlords are instant with 50 per cent more supply.
- Automated Extractors: No drones needed to extract vespene gas.
- Wild Mutation: All friendly zerg units in an area gains 200 maximum HP and 100 per cent increased attack speed for 10 seconds.
- Spawn Banelings: Spawns six banelings for a limited time.
- Mend: Heals 150 lives and nearby friendly units for 50 HP.
- Twin Drones: Two drones hatches with no additional cost.
- Malignant Creep: Regeneration and attack speed increases within the creep and Creep Tumors spreads faster.
- Vespene Efficiency: Vespene gas harvest increases by 25 per cent.
- Infest Broodlings: Enemies damage by Kerrigan becomes infested.
- Fury: Increases attack speed by 15 per cent on each attack and can stack up to 75 per cent.
- Ability Efficiency: Kerrigan's ability cooldown and energy cost are reduced by 20 per cent.
- Apocalypse: Deals 300 damages to enemy units and 700 damages to structures in a selected area.
- Spawn Leviathan: Summons a Leviathan which deals massive damage.
- Drop-Pods: Spawns 40 Primal Zerglings, 5 Primal Roaches, and 5 Primal Hydralisks in the battlefield.
For the complete set of units, see the Venture Beat page of the Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm Guide.