iPhone 6 Rumors: Apple A7 Processor Design in Final Stages?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 15, 2013 2:43 PM EST
Apple is reportedly busy working on the final design stages of the A7 processor for the upcoming iPhone 6. According to the DigiTimes report, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) plans to change the A7 processor production schedule on May or June 2013 while the shipments are due on Q1 of 2014.
"TSMC will utilize 14-fab to manufacture the A7 chips for Apple," the unnamed sources stated in the DigiTimes report. In another report, CNET claims that the California-based technology giant is creating their devices on TSMC's 20-nanometer process.
The CNET report reads: "Apple, in fact, is designing products now based on the TSMC's 20-nanometer process, according to sources contacted by CNET who are familiar with TSMC's plans."
The recent Apple A7 processor reports suggest that the company decided to reduce their dependence on rival company Samsung in creating the next-generation chip for the iPhone 6 smart phone. It is a known fact that Samsung is currently the exclusive manufacturer of the Apple A-series processors such as the A6 and A6X chips incorporated in the iPhone 5 and iPad 4.
It has been previously reported as well that Apple is carefully considering other processor manufacturing options including famous chip-maker Intel. However, there is no confirmation yet on the supposed Apple-Intel manufacturing deal.
Meanwhile, there is a possibility for the A7 processor to be incorporated in different Apple iOS devices first like the iPod or iPad in 2014 before finally reaching the much anticipated iPhone 6. Additionally, the Q1 2014 shipment schedule for the A7 processor predicts an iPhone 6 release date some time in the later part of the year 2014. Now, Apple enthusiasts will just have to patiently wait for iPhone 6 as the first iPhone working with the Apple A7 processor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues