One of the more vocal stars of the hit A&E reality show, “Storage Wars,” Dave Hester, may soon be wishing he didn’t engage in a legal battle with his previous employer after a ruling Tuesday.
Judge Michael Johnson of Los Angeles Superior Court ruled in favor of the television network earlier this week dismissing Hester’s claims that the show’s producers used unfair business practices The Wrap reported.
Hester filed the lawsuit against the television network in December after he made public claims that the show, in which people bid on abandoned storage lockers in hopes of turning a profit from its contents, plants valuable items before filming.
Johnson also sided with the network preventing an injuction that would disturb the channel's first amendment rights stating that it would be a violation should they be punished for staging the show. The judge went on to call Hester’s testimony unpersuasive according to The Wrap.
“We are pleased that Judge Johnson rejected Mr. Hester’s baseless unfair business practices claim," said one of A&E's attorneys, Kelli Sager.
“Storage Wars” Auctioneer, Dan Dotson, told TMZ that Hester’s claims are false.
“We only sell legitimate units on Storage Wars. Every unit goes through a 64-day legal process and no one has access to units prior to auction,” said Dotson.
Hester’s other claims against A&E include a breach of contract and breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing have yet to be addressed in court.
To contact the editor, e-mail: