Samsung Galaxy S4 Release: Fourth Generation Smartphone May Feature SwiftKey’s Predictive Technology
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 15, 2013 1:49 AM EST
The much-awaited Samsung Galaxy S4 unpacking event is just a few hours away, but that has not stopped the tech world from churning out speculations of the next generation smartphone. The latest tidbit on its features and specifications comes from The Wall Street Journal (WSJ).
According to the WSJ report, which cited a source close to the matter, the successor of Galaxy S3 will come with 'SwiftKey's predictive technology.'
"Case in point, Samsung Electronics Co. will include SwiftKey's predictive technology in the new Samsung Galaxy S 4, which will be unveiled at an event in New York on Thursday, according to a person familiar with the matter" reported WSJ.
SwiftKey's predictive technology is said to be one of the most popular applications in the Android ecosystem. Over 15 million downloads of the app have been reported.
"Natural language processing-the technology that powers SwiftKey-goes beyond just typing and has applications in other areas, like search. Facebook Inc.'s new search engine Graph Search uses it to understand what, exactly, people are seeking. Facebook also employs linguists that are constantly checking what users are searching for, and making sure Graph Search can account for those results," stated the daily.
Recently leaked images of Galaxy S4 suggested the inclusion of a new keyboard, 4.99-inch 1080x1920 resolution display and 13-megapixel camera. Other details revealed were a 1.8GHz Exynos 5410 processor and 2GB of RAM along with 16GB of internal storage, expandable via microSD support. The images also suggested the that Galaxy S4 will feature Samsung's new Eye tracking software and pen-free SPen feature.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install