Pre-Market Movers (Research In Motion, BT Group, Chindex, VMware, Amazon.com, Con-way, Rio Tinto, Seadrill)
By Satya Nagendra | March 14, 2013 9:56 PM EST
Research In Motion Ltd, BT Group Plc, Chindex International, VMware, Amazon.com, Con-way, Rio Tinto and Seadrill Ltd, are among the companies whose shares are moving in the pre-market trading Thursday.
Research In Motion Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) stock surged 2.81 percent to $16.09 in pre-market trading. The company announced Wednesday that one of its established partners has placed an order for one million BlackBerry 10 smartphones, the largest single purchase order in BlackBerry's history, with shipments starting immediately.
BT Group plc (NYSE:BT) stock gained 2.15 percent to $40.43 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $30.92, a 52-week high of $43.22 and $31.81 billion in market capitalization.
Chindex International, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHDX) stock gained 1.63 percent to $11.20 in pre-market trading. The company reported fourth quarter net profit of $3.5 million or $0.20 per share, up from $1.2 million or $0.07 per share in the same period last year. Quarterly revenue surged 36 percent to $43.5 million compared to $31.9 million last year.
VMware Inc. (NYSE:VMW) stock advanced 1.11 percent to $82.27 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $70.05, a 52-week high of $118.79 and $34.88 billion in market capitalization.
Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) stock declined 1.49 percent to $271.00 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $180.30, a 52-week high of $284.72 and $125.05 billion in market capitalization.
Con-way Inc. (NYSE:CNW) stock declined 1.32 percent to $36.75 in pre-market trading. Analysts at Citigroup Tuesday raised their price target on shares of Con-way to $42.00.
Rio Tinto Plc (NYSE:RIO) stock declined 1.59 percent to $49.46 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $41.59, a 52-week high of $60.45 and $92.84 billion in market capitalization.
Seadrill Ltd. (NYSE:SDRL) stock declined 1.14 percent to $36.49 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $31.37, a 52-week high of $41.95 and $17.32 billion in market capitalization.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans