Pre-Market Movers (Research In Motion, BT Group, Chindex, VMware, Amazon.com, Con-way, Rio Tinto, Seadrill)
By Satya Nagendra | March 14, 2013 9:56 PM EST
Research In Motion Ltd, BT Group Plc, Chindex International, VMware, Amazon.com, Con-way, Rio Tinto and Seadrill Ltd, are among the companies whose shares are moving in the pre-market trading Thursday.
Research In Motion Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) stock surged 2.81 percent to $16.09 in pre-market trading. The company announced Wednesday that one of its established partners has placed an order for one million BlackBerry 10 smartphones, the largest single purchase order in BlackBerry's history, with shipments starting immediately.
BT Group plc (NYSE:BT) stock gained 2.15 percent to $40.43 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $30.92, a 52-week high of $43.22 and $31.81 billion in market capitalization.
Chindex International, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHDX) stock gained 1.63 percent to $11.20 in pre-market trading. The company reported fourth quarter net profit of $3.5 million or $0.20 per share, up from $1.2 million or $0.07 per share in the same period last year. Quarterly revenue surged 36 percent to $43.5 million compared to $31.9 million last year.
VMware Inc. (NYSE:VMW) stock advanced 1.11 percent to $82.27 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $70.05, a 52-week high of $118.79 and $34.88 billion in market capitalization.
Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) stock declined 1.49 percent to $271.00 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $180.30, a 52-week high of $284.72 and $125.05 billion in market capitalization.
Con-way Inc. (NYSE:CNW) stock declined 1.32 percent to $36.75 in pre-market trading. Analysts at Citigroup Tuesday raised their price target on shares of Con-way to $42.00.
Rio Tinto Plc (NYSE:RIO) stock declined 1.59 percent to $49.46 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $41.59, a 52-week high of $60.45 and $92.84 billion in market capitalization.
Seadrill Ltd. (NYSE:SDRL) stock declined 1.14 percent to $36.49 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $31.37, a 52-week high of $41.95 and $17.32 billion in market capitalization.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims