Pre-Market Movers (Research In Motion, BT Group, Chindex, VMware, Amazon.com, Con-way, Rio Tinto, Seadrill)
By Satya Nagendra | March 14, 2013 9:56 PM EST
Research In Motion Ltd, BT Group Plc, Chindex International, VMware, Amazon.com, Con-way, Rio Tinto and Seadrill Ltd, are among the companies whose shares are moving in the pre-market trading Thursday.
Research In Motion Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) stock surged 2.81 percent to $16.09 in pre-market trading. The company announced Wednesday that one of its established partners has placed an order for one million BlackBerry 10 smartphones, the largest single purchase order in BlackBerry's history, with shipments starting immediately.
BT Group plc (NYSE:BT) stock gained 2.15 percent to $40.43 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $30.92, a 52-week high of $43.22 and $31.81 billion in market capitalization.
Chindex International, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHDX) stock gained 1.63 percent to $11.20 in pre-market trading. The company reported fourth quarter net profit of $3.5 million or $0.20 per share, up from $1.2 million or $0.07 per share in the same period last year. Quarterly revenue surged 36 percent to $43.5 million compared to $31.9 million last year.
VMware Inc. (NYSE:VMW) stock advanced 1.11 percent to $82.27 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $70.05, a 52-week high of $118.79 and $34.88 billion in market capitalization.
Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) stock declined 1.49 percent to $271.00 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $180.30, a 52-week high of $284.72 and $125.05 billion in market capitalization.
Con-way Inc. (NYSE:CNW) stock declined 1.32 percent to $36.75 in pre-market trading. Analysts at Citigroup Tuesday raised their price target on shares of Con-way to $42.00.
Rio Tinto Plc (NYSE:RIO) stock declined 1.59 percent to $49.46 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $41.59, a 52-week high of $60.45 and $92.84 billion in market capitalization.
Seadrill Ltd. (NYSE:SDRL) stock declined 1.14 percent to $36.49 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $31.37, a 52-week high of $41.95 and $17.32 billion in market capitalization.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown