Pre-Market Movers (Research In Motion, BT Group, Chindex, VMware, Amazon.com, Con-way, Rio Tinto, Seadrill)
By Satya Nagendra | March 14, 2013 9:56 PM EST
Research In Motion Ltd, BT Group Plc, Chindex International, VMware, Amazon.com, Con-way, Rio Tinto and Seadrill Ltd, are among the companies whose shares are moving in the pre-market trading Thursday.
Research In Motion Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) stock surged 2.81 percent to $16.09 in pre-market trading. The company announced Wednesday that one of its established partners has placed an order for one million BlackBerry 10 smartphones, the largest single purchase order in BlackBerry's history, with shipments starting immediately.
BT Group plc (NYSE:BT) stock gained 2.15 percent to $40.43 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $30.92, a 52-week high of $43.22 and $31.81 billion in market capitalization.
Chindex International, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHDX) stock gained 1.63 percent to $11.20 in pre-market trading. The company reported fourth quarter net profit of $3.5 million or $0.20 per share, up from $1.2 million or $0.07 per share in the same period last year. Quarterly revenue surged 36 percent to $43.5 million compared to $31.9 million last year.
VMware Inc. (NYSE:VMW) stock advanced 1.11 percent to $82.27 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $70.05, a 52-week high of $118.79 and $34.88 billion in market capitalization.
Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) stock declined 1.49 percent to $271.00 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $180.30, a 52-week high of $284.72 and $125.05 billion in market capitalization.
Con-way Inc. (NYSE:CNW) stock declined 1.32 percent to $36.75 in pre-market trading. Analysts at Citigroup Tuesday raised their price target on shares of Con-way to $42.00.
Rio Tinto Plc (NYSE:RIO) stock declined 1.59 percent to $49.46 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $41.59, a 52-week high of $60.45 and $92.84 billion in market capitalization.
Seadrill Ltd. (NYSE:SDRL) stock declined 1.14 percent to $36.49 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $31.37, a 52-week high of $41.95 and $17.32 billion in market capitalization.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date