The three Khans of Bollywood -Salman, Shahrukh and Aamir - ruled the box office with their blockbuster films last year. Films like "Ek Tha Tiger," "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" and "Dabangg 2" shattered records at domestic box offices. Every film of theirs is awaited for release with bated breath.
Chennai Express poster released
But will their films due for release this year end the current dry spell at the box office and make records as last year. The year 2013 started on a dull note and Bollywood has not witnessed any big hit except Saif Ali Khan's "Race 2" that grossed over ₹150 crore.
For now, all one can do is wait and see which star will recreate their on-screen magic and gain the top position in Hindi cinema. Check out the upcoming films the three Khans are working on:
1. "Chennai Express": This romantic comedy film is directed by Rohit Shetty and features Shahrukh and Deepika Padukone in the lead roles. The film is releasing on Eid i.e. 8 August. The story of the film revolves around a character name Rahul (played by Shahrukh) who travels from Mumbai to Rameshwaram.
2. "Happy New Year": It is produced and directed by Farah Khan. The choreographer-turned-director announced plans to make the film in 2005 but its production was delayed due to several reasons. According to reports, the film will commence shooting in April and may see a release in May 2014. Besides Shahrukh, the film also features Katrina Kaif, Abhishek Bachchan and Boman Irani.
1. "Mental": The film is currently under production. It features Salman and Diana Penty in lead roles and Tabu in a supporting role. Sohail Khan's directorial film is a remake of Telugu hit film "Stalin". Earlier, the film was set to hit the screens during Eid, but since the shooting started in February the release date is not decided yet.
2. "Sher Khan": It is a 3D adventure drama film directed and produced by Sohail Khan. The film was initially set for an Eid release but got shelved. The makers have not confirmed the release date of the film.
3. "Kick": It is a remake of 2009 Telugu hit film with the same name. Sajid Nadiawala will make his debut as director with the film. The shooting is expected to start in April.
4. "No Entry Mein Entry": The film is under pre-production and features Salman Khan, Anil Kapoor, Fardeen Khan and Bipasha Basu. Directed by Anees Bazmee, the film is a sequel to the 2005 blockbuster "No Entry."
1. "Dhoom 3: Back in Action": It an upcoming Hindi action thriller film starring Abhishek Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Katrina Kaif, Uday Chopra and Jackie Shroff. It is the third installment in the popular "Dhoom" series and is slated to release in Christmas this year.
2. "PK" (Peekay): It is an upcoming political satire directed by Raj Kumar Hirani. Apart from Aamir, it also features Anushka Sharma, Sanjay Dutt and Boman Irani in important roles. The film was initially set to release in December, but the delay in shooting has postponed the release date to sometime in 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 'Game of Thrones'-like Film, 'The Queen of the Tearling,' Casts Emma Watson as Lead Star and Exec Producer [PHOTOS]
- Kim Kardashian Baby Girl: Suggested Ways Kanye West’s New Born Can Earn Money to Keep Up with the Kardashians [PHOTOS]
- Asus Transformer Infinity Pad, Sony Vaio Duo, Toshiba Satellite, A Look at Intel's Haswell 4th Generation Ultrabooks and Notebooks [Photos]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Movie Casting: Selena Gomez Open to Nude Role, Ready for Anastasia Steele? [PHOTOS]