The price tag of the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 dropped due to the impending Samsung Galaxy S4 announcement.
A lot of listings offering cheap Samsung Galaxy S3 can be found in online retail giant Amazon. The pebble blue and marble white version of Samsung Galaxy S3 from Sprint is available for $0.01. The device may come with a two-year contract under the carriers although it is not specified in the description. Moreover, a marble white variant of the GS3 under Verizon Wireless is now being sold for $50.
Another Samsung smartphone - Galaxy Note 2 - is offered in a cheaper price before the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4 release date.
The Sprint Galaxy Note 2 is presently selling for $99.99, a $200 price cut off the usual $299 contract price on a two-year carrier agreement. Please, note that the discounted price only applies to new Sprint customers, upgraders would have to shell out $199.99 for the device.
Verizon's Galaxy Note 2 variant is a tad more expensive, as it's selling for $149.99 on contract at Amazon Wireless. However, this is still 50% cheaper than the regular price of the Galaxy Note 2, if bought through the carrier. Those, who are considering an upgrade, will need to pay $199.99 for the Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at the online retailer.
The AT&T Galaxy Note 2, it's currently available at Amazon Wireless for $239.99. This price applies to both new customers and upgraders.
These prices apply to the base 16 GB version, and are all discounted off the price one would pay if purchased directly through the carrier, so if you want to save on the Galaxy Note 2, Amazon Wireless would be the place to visit, not the carriers' websites.
The latest news on the rumour mill of the Galaxy S4 is that the handset will include high end features such as 5G WiFi, 5-inch Full HD screen display, 13MP camera and a quad core processor.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is also rumoured to feature an Exynos 5 Octa (8-Core) CPU, Mali-T678 (8-Core) GPU, 4.99″ SuperAMOLED Full HD Resolution Display, 2GB of RAM, 13 Megapixel Rear facing Camera capable of shooting 1080p Full HD Videos at 30FPS, 2 Megapixel front facing camera capable of shooting 720p HD Videos and run Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box.
However, below are the places where you can get discounted Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2.
- Amazon.com - Online retail giant Amazon offers cheap listings of the aforementioned smartphones.
- Gazelle.com - You can trade-in your devices at Gazelle.com. This way you can get the Samsung Galaxy S3 at a cheaper price or you can sell you Samsung Galaxy S3 if you wish to upgrade to the upcoming Galaxy S4.
- eBay.com - Other users are looking for buyers of their old handset at eBay.
- Carriers - Carriers and networks are now offering discounts when you purchase the Samsung Galaxy S3 or Note 2.
- Online Retailers - Some online retailers are selling their old stocks of Samsung Galaxy S3. With the expected higher demand for the upcoming Galaxy S4, sellers will offer deals and discounts on the previous Samsung smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail: