American Idol 2013: Top 10 Performance Results Forecast - Who's Going Home?
By Arlene Paredes | March 14, 2013 1:09 PM EST
American Idol 2013 Top 10 performs Wednesday to stay in the competition. Idol judges were not complete when the live show started, but as host Ryan Seacrest said, "We're coming to you live and on time tonight." There you go, Nicki Minaj, Idol goes on without you.
In case you waited until this week to start watching American Idol Season 12, these are the contestants on the Top 10 this year:
Janelle Arthur, 23, Oliver Springs, Tennessee. Janelle sings country music. Fun to listen to outside voting rounds (when she's not too conscious and tense).
Candice Glover, 22, St. Helena Island, South Carolina. Candice has some mad vocals, but there are times when she seems disconnected to what she's singing.
Kree Harrison, 22, Nashville, Tennessee. Kree has a big pop country voice, so genre fans will be split between her and Janelle.
Amber Holcomb, 18, Houston, Texas. Amber often goes for classics and ballads, and she better stay that route. She does not sound as good on faster tempos.
Angela Miller, 18, Beverly, Massachusetts. Angie, as she is now popularly known, is a brilliant songwriter, who impressed the judges with her own composition during Hollywood solos. She's like the female version of Colton Dixon, except she's probably version 3.0. A clear frontrunner this early in the competition.
Paul Jolley, 22, Palmersville, Tennessee. Paul goes for pop ballads, but he is not so relatable all the time. The judges voted 2:2 on whether he should move forward in the competition. Idol mentor Jimmy Iovine broke the tie in his favour.
Devin Velez, 18, Chicago, Illinois. Devin has a solid and beautiful balladeer voice. Proud of his Spanish flavor, he has been known to tackle songs in mixed English-Spanish numbers.
Curtis Finch Jr., 24, St. Louis, Missouri. Curtis is the gospel singer. He chooses safe-to-boring songs.
Lazaro Arbos, 21, Naples, Florida. Lazaro has suffered from a speech problem since he was a child. But when he sings, he scares the competition.
Burnell Taylor, 19, New Orleans, Louisiana. Katrina survivor, weight loss poster boy. Burnell lost 40 pounds in a month's time since getting his Idol ticket to Hollywood. He can sing pop, gospel, classics, perhaps even rock. He can tackle any genre. And he is one of the top contenders this year.
Janelle ("Gone" by Montgomery Gentry), Curtis ("I Believe" by Fantasia), Devin (Carrie Underwood's "Temporary Home"), and Lazaro (Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway") were the weakest during the Idol Top 10 performance night. Candice and Angie ruled the night, with Burnell not so far behind.
If Lazaro's fan base is not yet established enough, he could be sent home Thursday. Otherwise, the three others mentioned could wind up in the infamous Bottom Three.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Promo Video And Synopsis For Episode 9 Titled ‘I Alone’ Tease Continuation Of Mission To Bring Bonnie Back [WATCH]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced