American Idol 2013: Top 10 Performance Results Forecast - Who's Going Home?
By Arlene Paredes | March 14, 2013 1:09 PM EST
American Idol 2013 Top 10 performs Wednesday to stay in the competition. Idol judges were not complete when the live show started, but as host Ryan Seacrest said, "We're coming to you live and on time tonight." There you go, Nicki Minaj, Idol goes on without you.
In case you waited until this week to start watching American Idol Season 12, these are the contestants on the Top 10 this year:
Janelle Arthur, 23, Oliver Springs, Tennessee. Janelle sings country music. Fun to listen to outside voting rounds (when she's not too conscious and tense).
Candice Glover, 22, St. Helena Island, South Carolina. Candice has some mad vocals, but there are times when she seems disconnected to what she's singing.
Kree Harrison, 22, Nashville, Tennessee. Kree has a big pop country voice, so genre fans will be split between her and Janelle.
Amber Holcomb, 18, Houston, Texas. Amber often goes for classics and ballads, and she better stay that route. She does not sound as good on faster tempos.
Angela Miller, 18, Beverly, Massachusetts. Angie, as she is now popularly known, is a brilliant songwriter, who impressed the judges with her own composition during Hollywood solos. She's like the female version of Colton Dixon, except she's probably version 3.0. A clear frontrunner this early in the competition.
Paul Jolley, 22, Palmersville, Tennessee. Paul goes for pop ballads, but he is not so relatable all the time. The judges voted 2:2 on whether he should move forward in the competition. Idol mentor Jimmy Iovine broke the tie in his favour.
Devin Velez, 18, Chicago, Illinois. Devin has a solid and beautiful balladeer voice. Proud of his Spanish flavor, he has been known to tackle songs in mixed English-Spanish numbers.
Curtis Finch Jr., 24, St. Louis, Missouri. Curtis is the gospel singer. He chooses safe-to-boring songs.
Lazaro Arbos, 21, Naples, Florida. Lazaro has suffered from a speech problem since he was a child. But when he sings, he scares the competition.
Burnell Taylor, 19, New Orleans, Louisiana. Katrina survivor, weight loss poster boy. Burnell lost 40 pounds in a month's time since getting his Idol ticket to Hollywood. He can sing pop, gospel, classics, perhaps even rock. He can tackle any genre. And he is one of the top contenders this year.
Janelle ("Gone" by Montgomery Gentry), Curtis ("I Believe" by Fantasia), Devin (Carrie Underwood's "Temporary Home"), and Lazaro (Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway") were the weakest during the Idol Top 10 performance night. Candice and Angie ruled the night, with Burnell not so far behind.
If Lazaro's fan base is not yet established enough, he could be sent home Thursday. Otherwise, the three others mentioned could wind up in the infamous Bottom Three.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Hints CW TV Series Could End With Season 6, Shares Latest Project on Instagram
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements