iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Copying the Features of Samsung Galaxy S4?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 14, 2013 1:01 PM EST
Latest rumours about the upcoming iPhone 6 and iPhone 5S suggest that Apple seems to be lacking innovation and now copying some of the features of the Samsung Galaxy S4 bound to be released on March 14.
It seems that Apple is now following the trend and no longer sets the trend for smartphones in the market.
New rumours claimed that the much awaited Apple smartphones will feature eye tracking and head tracking control for iOS devices like the iPad and iPhone, which is also similar to the rumoured feature of the Samsung Galaxy S4.
Apple owns several patents relating to eye tracking and motion control of an iPhone or iPad, and a new startup is offering eye tracking and head tracking control for iOS devices like the iPad and iPhone.
The company offers a software only solution for eye and head tracking that controls an iOS device. This would offer the potential for a new eye tracking control feature on the iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 if support is also added to iOS 7.
Past rumours also claimed that Apple's iPhones will include wireless charging feature, which is found in other smartphones in the market. Another feature that is deemed similar to Samsung's handset is the stylus. Samsung's Galaxy Note series popularize the S-Pen and was well received by consumers.
The latest news on the rumour mill of the Galaxy S4 is that the handset will include high end features such as 5G WiFi, 5-inch Full HD screen display, 13MP camera and a quad core processor.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is also rumoured to feature an Exynos 5 Octa (8-Core) CPU, Mali-T678 (8-Core) GPU, 4.99″ SuperAMOLED Full HD Resolution Display, 2GB of RAM, 13 Megapixel Rear facing Camera capable of shooting 1080p Full HD Videos at 30FPS, 2 Megapixel front facing camera capable of shooting 720p HD Videos and run Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box.
On the other hand, Apple is speculated to unleash the two handsets in August of this year and early next year. According to AppleInsider, Chinese company Foxconn, the manufacturer behind most of Apple's products, will exclusively produce the iPhone 6 and iPhone 5S.
Apple are expected to include an improved camera in the iPhone 6 and/or iPhone 5S which is rumoured to be capable of taking "Super HD" pictures. In order to take snaps at that resolution it'll need to have at least a 13 mega-pixel camera.
The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone. Rumours suggest that the iPhone 5S could include support for the contact-less technology which can be used to pay for items in retail stores. Other features rumoured to be included in the handset is the A7 quad core chip processor, Retina or IGZO screen display among others.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE maincat_id='6' AND outkey='Y' AND tid> ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 15Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT article_id as num FROM ib_categories_index WHERE tid=6 ORDER BY article_id DESC LIMIT 5
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine