Jeremy Lin Watch: Houston Rockets Vs. Phoenix Suns, Where To Watch Live Online Stream, Preview, Betting Odds, Prediction
By IB Times Staff Reporter | March 14, 2013 8:22 AM EST
With the Lakers breathing down their necks, the Houston Rockets hope to create some distance Wednesday night against the Phoenix Suns at the Toyota Center.
Houston holds a half game lead over Los Angeles for the seventh spot in the West, but have dropped two of their last three games, including the first of a home-and-home with Phoenix on Saturday.
James Harden’s game-high 38 points and eight assists weren’t enough to overcome Phoenix guard Goran Dragic’s 13 fourth quarter points, and Houston fell 107-105. Harden and point guard Jeremy Lin combined for 13 turnovers, with Lin fouling out, playing just 31 minutes. Lin would notch 11 points and four assists.
Dragic finished with 18 points, while Jared Dudley came off the bench to score 22 points and dish out seven assists, and Markieff Morris had 14 points to along with five rebounds.
Houston’s Chandler Parsons netted 14 points, but came up short from the field, going 5-for-16. That was a far cry from his recent performances. Parsons had been on a tear in March, averaging 23.2 points at an efficient 60 percent clip from the floor.
At this point of their season, the 22-42 Suns can only play the role of spoiler to teams jostling for playoff position.
Phoenix followed up their win against the Rockets with a 108-93 beat down from the streaking Denver Nuggets. Dragic's shooting touch was gone with just eight points, but Dudley was still in rhythm with 12 points and three 3-pointers.
A loss for Houston still puts them just ahead of the Lakers. The Rockets lead the season series 1-2, making the regular season finale on April 17 against L.A. a pivotal match up. Thankfully for Houston that game will be at the Toyota Center, where they are 20-9, as opposed to a 14-21 road record.
The game begins at 8 p.m. Eastern, and will be broadcast by FAHD and CSN Houston, or you can watch a live online stream by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband here.
Betting Odds: Houston is favored by 11.5 points
Over/Under: 213 points
Prediction: Parsons and Omer Asik will have to dominate the Morris brothers, and Harden and Lin have to maintain control along the perimeter. Look for Houston to start off slow, but rally in the second half for a victory.
Predicted: Houston 105, Phoenix 97
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu