Man Accused Of Killing Grandparents, Michael Boysen, Arrested In Oregon Motel
By Maria Vultaggio | March 13, 2013 5:01 PM EST
Police captured the man who allegedly killed his grandparents last week when they stormed into a Lincoln City, Ore., motel on Tuesday evening, the Seattle Times reported.
Twenty-six-year-old Michael Boysen was taken into custody by authorities around 7 p.m. PDT at the Westshore Oceanfront Suites after a 10-hour standoff. According to authorities, he had some self-inflicted wounds.
Sgt. Cindi West from the King County (Wash.) Sheriff’s Office said Boysen was unconscious when he taken into custody and believes his wounds could have come from broken glass.
His condition is currently unknown, the Seattle Times stated, but his injuries were severe enough to have him airlifted to a Portland hospital.
According to Lincoln City Police Chief Keith Kilian, no shots were fired during the standoff, and authorities entered the motel room after a video-equipped robot filmed footage of Boysen dropping to the floor.
"It was a very successful mission," Oregon Live quoted Kilian. "No officers were hurt, and our citizens will soon be able to return to their homes."
Boysen is suspected of killing his grandparents, Robert Taylor, 82, and Norma Taylor, 80, at their home near Renton, Wash., near Seattle, last weekend just a few hours after he had gotten out of a Washington state prison.
He had been locked up for nine months on a burglary conviction and was previously imprisoned from 2006 to 2011 for robbery convictions, related to painkiller addiction, Chad Lewis, a Washington Corrections Department spokesman, told The Associated Press.
The suspect checked into the Oregon motel under the alias Kent Landers, according to Oregon Live, but police were tipped off about Boysen’s whereabouts when the motel's property managers recognized his face and name after seeing him on the news and called Lincoln City police in the morning.
After guests were evacuated from the motel and set up in a Red Cross shelter, police began to negotiate with Boysen to coax him out of the room.
"We were talking, but we just weren't getting anywhere," Kilian said. "So we decided to ramp up efforts to bring this to an end as quickly and safely as possible."
Boysen’s grandparents had thrown him a welcome home party when he got back from prison and his grandmother’s last text message was to family members, thanking them for coming to the party.
The cause and manner of the grandparent’s deaths is currently under investigation.
“Between the family and detectives we have no idea,” the Daily Mail quoted Sgt. West.
“It's just bizarre. The family loved and supported him the whole time he was in prison.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28