If you bored of the claustrophobic environment of the your Marketplace on the Lumia device and want to install side load apps, a complete procedure allows you to unlock this privilege to bring out the best from the Nokia Lumia.
Disclaimer: The methods and tools mentioned in this guide belong to their respective owners/developers. Do this at your own risk.
Preparations for Unlocking:
Dreamspark.com and create an Account or Sign-in using your LIVE ID. The same ID you use on the Marketplace.
2. Once your account has been completed, enter your .EDU email address for verification.
3. Return to Dreamspark after verifying your .EDU email.
4. Select "Windows Phone and App Hub" from the Developer and Designer Tools.
5. Choose the "Map your Live ID".
6. Set your .EDU email to link it to your LIVE account used on the Marketplace.
7. After that, download and install
Windows SDK Tools and install it.
8. Proceed to
AppHub Web site.
9. Create an account and include the "as a student" selection. Select the university or school and wait till 24 hours after verification.
10. Choose a location and select the closest possible to your current location.
11. Fill out the rest of the form. Then verify or confirm the email you have received.
After this process, the AppHub account has been created and will give your Live ID recognition on the phone you desire to unlock.
Process to Unlock:
1. Connect the Lumia device you want to unlock to the computer. You must have a Zune suite running and Lumia screen must be unlocked.
2. Open the "Windows Phone Developer Registration." It is a part of the SDK package you have installed earlier.
3. Enter your Live ID & Password that you used on the AppHub and then register.
And that finishes the unlocking the Lumia, sideload apps are now allowed to be installed. Visit the
Developer's site about other details concerning the unlock procedure.
To contact the editor, e-mail: