Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie: Important Features and Upcoming Devices to Run It (Videos)
By Ryan Inoyori | March 13, 2013 11:51 AM EST
May 2013 is the expected release date of the new Android 5.0 or Key Lime Pie. The launch of the new OS version will take place at Google I/O on the same month. It is also the day when the first set of devices to run the new OS version from Motorola, ASUS, Samsung, and ZTE would roll out.
Android 5.0 Launching
Analysts seem to agree that Android Key Lime Pie will be released on the Google I/O event this year on May, almost one year after the Google launched Android Jelly Bean. No one knows aside from the Android makers how the fresh look of this new Android would be like. It is likely the to run the next Nexus phone.
Android 5.0 Key Features
Google hasn't exposed anything about the new mobile OS version, but surely will include new fresh and exciting features. Here are some features likely Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie would have.
1. Guest Mode: The current Android 4.2 Jelly Bean allows separate accounts to be created on a single device. But the Android 5.0 is rumoured to have a guest mode which allows access to some parts of the device from the lock screen. Hopefully, the guest mode can prevent access to SMS, phone storage, and more, unless the visitor has the owner's password.
2. Lock screen Widgets: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean lets you enjoy widgets on the lock screen. The new OS version will include more widgets to play with on a standard lock screen.
3. Shutter Speed Control: The Shutter Speed Control has not always been possible on most Android devices unlike with the Apple iPhone and Nokia Lumia 920. Due to the different sensors from every company, the shutter speed becomes slower and maybe the new Android 5.0 can make a solution for this problem.
4. Performance Profiles
There are no exact Performance Profiles on any Android version which allows users to determine power and usage depending on the activity such as gaming, overnight low-power state, reading, and super low backlight. Hopefully, aside from the Quick Settings and shortcuts on Jelly Bean, maybe the Key Lime Pie may be able to expand this.
5. Multiple Device Support
An issue between a phone and tablet which allows live content synchronisation. Some users like to switch from tablet to phone when watching their favourite online shows or broadcast. The Android experience would become better if users can pick up where they left off whenever they switch from one Android device to another as long as it is with the same account.
6. Social Network Enhancements
Usually, Android device manufacturers have their own User Interface to fill in the social network feeds. Android does not have comprehensive apps or widgets for social media and live updates, so including a cool integrating app would be a big plus.
7. Video Chat
No universal application yet for Video Chat has been made for Android. Play Store allows third-party apps to let users do it through Facebook and Skype. Google Live or Android Messenger can be good for the Key Lime Pie.
8. SMS Clouding Storage
For constant SIM swapper, an online storage for SMS is an advantage. SIM swapper with one device on the go can lose track of their messages because Google sets the SMS to be stored on the phone instead on the SIM card. Surely, Key Lime Pie can give of some its piece as a magical storage for SMS.
9. Update Option
Some updates are not exactly for the better, sometimes it is the worst event. A choice between keeping yourself on the current version or upgrading to another shouldn't be on force. Similar to the Windows Updates and Play Store Application, users should be allowed to set manual updates if they wanted to.
Upcoming Devices Expected to Run Android 5.0
1. Motorola X Phone - This device is the defense of Google against the unstoppable dominance of Samsung on the smartphone battle. Motorola X Phone is claimed to have 4.7 or 5.0 inches of 1080p display with 10MP rear camera and 5MP front camera. It also have a Qualcomm processor and expected to be Future-proof. The device is also waterproof, dust-proof, and shock-proof.
2. ZTE Nubia Z7 - It was expected to launch earlier and compete with the Samsung Galaxy S4. Nubia Z7 is rumoured to have an eight-core processors, 6.3-inch of 1080p display, 2GB of RAM, and runs Android 5.0.
3. Next Google Nexus - There are no solid specifications about a new Nexus device, but it is a tradition that Google releases once per year of new Nexus line. Google may take Motorola as a partner to create the next Nexus device or maybe Motorola X is the already a Nexus model.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists