HTC One M7 runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and devices running the Android platform always have Root Access made by developers. With the fast pace growth of Android devices, developers quickly make Root Access to upcoming models are not to worry anymore. This is a pretty easy procedure. Just make sure to follow the instruction carefully.
Warning: Rooting your device will void its warranty. This is not for the faint-hearted users. The developers will not be held responsible for any damages that might happen to your devices. Do this it at your own risk.
1. HTC One M7 unit
2. Computer and USB cable
3. Download the Fast Boot Package for HTC One.
4. Download the SuperUser package as well.
1. Download the Fast boot package and then extract the image file out of the zip.
2. Rename the recovery file image to "recovery.img". It is easier to type the image file in the command window later using a shorter file name.
3. Place the renamed image file to the location of where is the Fastboot.ex was placed.
4. Copy the SuperUser file to the phone's internal storage.
5. Turn off the device and then hold the Power + Volume down keys together to reboot in fast boot mode.
6. Connect the device to the computer. Open a command window and go to the directory where fastboot.exe is located.
7. Once you have done that, enter this command: "fastboot boot recovery.img"
8. HTC One M7 will proceed to recovery mode and then select the "install zip from SD card".
9. Select the SuperUser package you have copied inside the device's storage.
10. After that installation, reboot the device.
Well done! Your HTC One M7 is now rooted and can take full control of the device.
Note: The rooting files are not fully matured and can exhibit problems in rooting and in recovery files. Check the Geek Chunk for more details.
To contact the editor, e-mail: