Kim Kardashian Blood Facial: Vampire Facial The Latest Beauty Trend? [PHOTO]
By Amethyst Tate | March 11, 2013 11:14 PM EST
Kim Kardashian is doing whatever it takes to stay beautiful, even it includes having her own blood splattered on her face.
On the latest episode of the reality star’s show, ‘Kourtney & Kim Take Miami,’ Kardashian tries a blood facial-a cosmetic treatment that is used to give the patient younger-looking skin.
Also marketed as “vampire face-lifts,” the procedure entails blood being drawn from your arm, then spun in a centrifuge to separate the platelets, or small blood components.
Kardashian did not seem too afraid of the scary-sounding procedure, saying “I love trying anything that makes you look and feel youthful.”
The episode showed the whole process, as a doctor drew blood from the 31-year old beauty before putting the blood on Kardashian’s face with acupuncture-style needles.
"It stings a little," the medic warned her before the blood facial.
Kardashian tweeted a picture of the result, which looked like a scene out of a scary movie. It is unlikely Kardashian will repeat the unique beauty regime, as she said on the episode, “Owww,. Oh my God. I will never get a facelift if it feels like that.”
Her best friend, Jonathan Cheban, is likely relieved, as he appeared to be nervous for Kardashian as he sat with her while she receieved the blood facial, though he is the one who encouraged her to try it.
This is not the first time Kardashian has taken questionable measures in an effort to stay beautiful. Back in November, she tweeted a picture of a shake with avocados, pears, apples and yogurt. The photo caption was "Dinner."
One follower was not impressed. “Holy [expletive] u need more than that for dinner, hope your [sic] lying to us,” wrote Instagram user sativaverte.
Kardashian’s diet and workout regimen led to her suffering a miscarriage scare last week, as New York Post’s Page Six reports, “Kim started feeling ill on the plane from Paris and called friends as soon as she landed,” a source said. “She was rushed to her doctor Tuesday night in tears. She thought she was having a miscarriage.”
It was later confirmed that she did not have a miscarriage, but her doctors warned her to stop exercising as strenuously as she has been and to sleep more.
"Kim’s not respecting her pregnancy,” an insider told Page Six. “She’s running around, working out seven days a week. She’s working with two different trainers to control her weight, including Tracy Anderson and a pregnancy trainer.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced