Kim Kardashian Blood Facial: Vampire Facial The Latest Beauty Trend? [PHOTO]
By Amethyst Tate | March 11, 2013 11:14 PM EST
Kim Kardashian is doing whatever it takes to stay beautiful, even it includes having her own blood splattered on her face.
On the latest episode of the reality star’s show, ‘Kourtney & Kim Take Miami,’ Kardashian tries a blood facial-a cosmetic treatment that is used to give the patient younger-looking skin.
Also marketed as “vampire face-lifts,” the procedure entails blood being drawn from your arm, then spun in a centrifuge to separate the platelets, or small blood components.
Kardashian did not seem too afraid of the scary-sounding procedure, saying “I love trying anything that makes you look and feel youthful.”
The episode showed the whole process, as a doctor drew blood from the 31-year old beauty before putting the blood on Kardashian’s face with acupuncture-style needles.
"It stings a little," the medic warned her before the blood facial.
Kardashian tweeted a picture of the result, which looked like a scene out of a scary movie. It is unlikely Kardashian will repeat the unique beauty regime, as she said on the episode, “Owww,. Oh my God. I will never get a facelift if it feels like that.”
Her best friend, Jonathan Cheban, is likely relieved, as he appeared to be nervous for Kardashian as he sat with her while she receieved the blood facial, though he is the one who encouraged her to try it.
This is not the first time Kardashian has taken questionable measures in an effort to stay beautiful. Back in November, she tweeted a picture of a shake with avocados, pears, apples and yogurt. The photo caption was "Dinner."
One follower was not impressed. “Holy [expletive] u need more than that for dinner, hope your [sic] lying to us,” wrote Instagram user sativaverte.
Kardashian’s diet and workout regimen led to her suffering a miscarriage scare last week, as New York Post’s Page Six reports, “Kim started feeling ill on the plane from Paris and called friends as soon as she landed,” a source said. “She was rushed to her doctor Tuesday night in tears. She thought she was having a miscarriage.”
It was later confirmed that she did not have a miscarriage, but her doctors warned her to stop exercising as strenuously as she has been and to sleep more.
"Kim’s not respecting her pregnancy,” an insider told Page Six. “She’s running around, working out seven days a week. She’s working with two different trainers to control her weight, including Tracy Anderson and a pregnancy trainer.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS