Kim Kardashian Blood Facial: Vampire Facial The Latest Beauty Trend? [PHOTO]
By Amethyst Tate | March 11, 2013 11:14 PM EST
Kim Kardashian is doing whatever it takes to stay beautiful, even it includes having her own blood splattered on her face.
On the latest episode of the reality star’s show, ‘Kourtney & Kim Take Miami,’ Kardashian tries a blood facial-a cosmetic treatment that is used to give the patient younger-looking skin.
Also marketed as “vampire face-lifts,” the procedure entails blood being drawn from your arm, then spun in a centrifuge to separate the platelets, or small blood components.
Kardashian did not seem too afraid of the scary-sounding procedure, saying “I love trying anything that makes you look and feel youthful.”
The episode showed the whole process, as a doctor drew blood from the 31-year old beauty before putting the blood on Kardashian’s face with acupuncture-style needles.
"It stings a little," the medic warned her before the blood facial.
Kardashian tweeted a picture of the result, which looked like a scene out of a scary movie. It is unlikely Kardashian will repeat the unique beauty regime, as she said on the episode, “Owww,. Oh my God. I will never get a facelift if it feels like that.”
Her best friend, Jonathan Cheban, is likely relieved, as he appeared to be nervous for Kardashian as he sat with her while she receieved the blood facial, though he is the one who encouraged her to try it.
This is not the first time Kardashian has taken questionable measures in an effort to stay beautiful. Back in November, she tweeted a picture of a shake with avocados, pears, apples and yogurt. The photo caption was "Dinner."
One follower was not impressed. “Holy [expletive] u need more than that for dinner, hope your [sic] lying to us,” wrote Instagram user sativaverte.
Kardashian’s diet and workout regimen led to her suffering a miscarriage scare last week, as New York Post’s Page Six reports, “Kim started feeling ill on the plane from Paris and called friends as soon as she landed,” a source said. “She was rushed to her doctor Tuesday night in tears. She thought she was having a miscarriage.”
It was later confirmed that she did not have a miscarriage, but her doctors warned her to stop exercising as strenuously as she has been and to sleep more.
"Kim’s not respecting her pregnancy,” an insider told Page Six. “She’s running around, working out seven days a week. She’s working with two different trainers to control her weight, including Tracy Anderson and a pregnancy trainer.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists