Kim Kardashian Blood Facial: Vampire Facial The Latest Beauty Trend? [PHOTO]
By Amethyst Tate | March 11, 2013 11:14 PM EST
Kim Kardashian is doing whatever it takes to stay beautiful, even it includes having her own blood splattered on her face.
On the latest episode of the reality star’s show, ‘Kourtney & Kim Take Miami,’ Kardashian tries a blood facial-a cosmetic treatment that is used to give the patient younger-looking skin.
Also marketed as “vampire face-lifts,” the procedure entails blood being drawn from your arm, then spun in a centrifuge to separate the platelets, or small blood components.
Kardashian did not seem too afraid of the scary-sounding procedure, saying “I love trying anything that makes you look and feel youthful.”
The episode showed the whole process, as a doctor drew blood from the 31-year old beauty before putting the blood on Kardashian’s face with acupuncture-style needles.
"It stings a little," the medic warned her before the blood facial.
Kardashian tweeted a picture of the result, which looked like a scene out of a scary movie. It is unlikely Kardashian will repeat the unique beauty regime, as she said on the episode, “Owww,. Oh my God. I will never get a facelift if it feels like that.”
Her best friend, Jonathan Cheban, is likely relieved, as he appeared to be nervous for Kardashian as he sat with her while she receieved the blood facial, though he is the one who encouraged her to try it.
This is not the first time Kardashian has taken questionable measures in an effort to stay beautiful. Back in November, she tweeted a picture of a shake with avocados, pears, apples and yogurt. The photo caption was "Dinner."
One follower was not impressed. “Holy [expletive] u need more than that for dinner, hope your [sic] lying to us,” wrote Instagram user sativaverte.
Kardashian’s diet and workout regimen led to her suffering a miscarriage scare last week, as New York Post’s Page Six reports, “Kim started feeling ill on the plane from Paris and called friends as soon as she landed,” a source said. “She was rushed to her doctor Tuesday night in tears. She thought she was having a miscarriage.”
It was later confirmed that she did not have a miscarriage, but her doctors warned her to stop exercising as strenuously as she has been and to sleep more.
"Kim’s not respecting her pregnancy,” an insider told Page Six. “She’s running around, working out seven days a week. She’s working with two different trainers to control her weight, including Tracy Anderson and a pregnancy trainer.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage