Kim Kardashian Blood Facial: Vampire Facial The Latest Beauty Trend? [PHOTO]
By Amethyst Tate | March 11, 2013 11:14 PM EST
Kim Kardashian is doing whatever it takes to stay beautiful, even it includes having her own blood splattered on her face.
On the latest episode of the reality star’s show, ‘Kourtney & Kim Take Miami,’ Kardashian tries a blood facial-a cosmetic treatment that is used to give the patient younger-looking skin.
Also marketed as “vampire face-lifts,” the procedure entails blood being drawn from your arm, then spun in a centrifuge to separate the platelets, or small blood components.
Kardashian did not seem too afraid of the scary-sounding procedure, saying “I love trying anything that makes you look and feel youthful.”
The episode showed the whole process, as a doctor drew blood from the 31-year old beauty before putting the blood on Kardashian’s face with acupuncture-style needles.
"It stings a little," the medic warned her before the blood facial.
Kardashian tweeted a picture of the result, which looked like a scene out of a scary movie. It is unlikely Kardashian will repeat the unique beauty regime, as she said on the episode, “Owww,. Oh my God. I will never get a facelift if it feels like that.”
Her best friend, Jonathan Cheban, is likely relieved, as he appeared to be nervous for Kardashian as he sat with her while she receieved the blood facial, though he is the one who encouraged her to try it.
This is not the first time Kardashian has taken questionable measures in an effort to stay beautiful. Back in November, she tweeted a picture of a shake with avocados, pears, apples and yogurt. The photo caption was "Dinner."
One follower was not impressed. “Holy [expletive] u need more than that for dinner, hope your [sic] lying to us,” wrote Instagram user sativaverte.
Kardashian’s diet and workout regimen led to her suffering a miscarriage scare last week, as New York Post’s Page Six reports, “Kim started feeling ill on the plane from Paris and called friends as soon as she landed,” a source said. “She was rushed to her doctor Tuesday night in tears. She thought she was having a miscarriage.”
It was later confirmed that she did not have a miscarriage, but her doctors warned her to stop exercising as strenuously as she has been and to sleep more.
"Kim’s not respecting her pregnancy,” an insider told Page Six. “She’s running around, working out seven days a week. She’s working with two different trainers to control her weight, including Tracy Anderson and a pregnancy trainer.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People