Among other Android powered devices, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is the one to receive the latest custom release called as CyanogenMod 10.1-M2 by CyanogenMod team.
The CM10.1 M2 is based on the AOSP (Android Open Source Project) release of the Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) and brings several features and customisation options. The CM10.1 M2 Jelly Bean ROM updates the Galaxy Tab, which is currently running on Android 4.1.1, to Android 4.2.2.
CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM released for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 users who wish to upgrade their devices with CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM, may follow our step-by-step instructions guide below.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any mishap. Users are reminded that they may come across a few bug issues since the Jelly Bean ROM is in its development state. Users are advised to verify the build number of their tablets and install ROM accordingly; flashing incorrect ROM might brick the device.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode which will allow to connect the device with the computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Check the Galaxy tablet should have more than 80 per cent of charge.
4) The device should be factory unlocked.
5) The Galaxy Tab 2 should be rooted and have ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed.
6) The tutorial will wipe all the data. Therefore, users are advised to create back-up for all the data of the device.
7) Perform Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
Steps to install CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100/P5110
1) Download CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 10. To the computer
Download links: Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100/ Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 [Click here for alternative link]
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Connect the Galaxy Tab to the computer using USB cable. Then copy the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the tablet
4) Unplug the USB cable from the Galaxy tablet and switch it off
5) Now place the device into Recovery Mode by turning it on while pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together
6) In CWM Recovery, perform data wiping task first. Then scroll down to 'Flash zip from SD card,' press the Power button to select it
7) Then select 'Choose zip from SD card' using the Power button once again. Now locate the Jelly Bean ROM zip file which is copied to the SD card. Press the Power button and select it and confirm installation on the next screen
8) After the ROM is installed, follow the same procedure to install Google Apps zip file
9) Once the installation process is completed, go to '++++++Go Back' and reboot the tablet by selecting 'reboot system now' from the main recovery menu. The tablet will take approximately five minutes to boot up for the first time. So be patient
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100/P5110 should be now updated with CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM. Navigate to Settings>>About tablet to verify the software version running on the device.
Click here for step-by-step guide to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100/P5110/P5113 using CF-Auto-Root file.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: