How to Update Motorola Droid RAZR to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean (Guide)
By Ryan Inoyori | March 11, 2013 11:47 AM EST
Users should rejoice with the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean AOKP Build 4 Custom ROM for Motorola Droid RAZR. It brings all the latest features of what Nexus-line devices are enjoying. This guide is a step-by-step, easy-to-follow instructions containing what you need and what you should do to get the Jelly Bean flavour for your Droid.
Warning: The developers will not be held liable or responsible for any damage to your device. Do this at your own risk. This custom ROM is designed for Motorola RAZR XT912.
Disclaimer: All the firmwares and tools mentioned in this guide belongs to their respective developers and owners.
What You Need:
1. Motorola official drivers. Visit the Motorola Web site for Android device drivers.
2. Create a backup of all data files, contacts, SMS, call logs, and APN settings of your device.
3. Make sure that the device is fully charged or at least have an 80 per cent battery level to prevent any interruption during the update. A power interruption can cause a high chance of bricking the device.
4. Enable the USB Debugging mode on your device.
5. Double check if your device is unlocked. Most custom ROMs are designed for unlocked devices and it is not recommended to try them on locked models.
1. Download the AOKP Build 4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM for Motorola RAZR XT912.
2. Connect the device to your computer via USB cable and copy the downloaded file to the SD card.
3. Download the ROM Manager app from Google Play Store.
4. Launch the ROM Manager app and select "Reboot into Recovery".
5. Inside the CWM recovery mode, wipe data and then scroll down to select "flash zip from SD card" by using the Power key.
6. Use the Power key again to select "choose zip from SD card" and then navigate using the Volume keys to find the "Android 4.2.2 ROM" you have downloaded earlier. Use the Power key to install it.
7. After installation, go to "... Go Back" and reboot the device by selecting the reboot option from the recovery menu."
8. Wait till the device restarts which usually takes 5-10 minutes on its first time.
Installation successful and your Motorola RAZR XT912 is now rooted with root apps and runs an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM.
Visit the original link for any comments, suggestions, or issues.
To contact the editor, e-mail: