New Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Concept Flashes 8-Core CPU, 16MP Snapper, Gorgeous Shell
By Erik Pineda | March 11, 2013 11:43 AM EST
The beauty about concept phones is they push the limits of imagination, which is exactly how the new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 render came out - packed with specs that exceed the supposed muscles that the Galaxy S4 will flash this week.
All the hit ingredients are present - a 1080p screen display, an 8-core processor and a gorgeous body-make that invites more than a second look - and we have Concept-Phones.com to thank for allowing us a near-true mock up of the upcoming Samsung phablet, which experts said would rollout on Q3 2013.
As we wait, let us relish the latest Note 3 render that Concept Phones said is the product of an artist's rich imagination, who goes by the name Master Nexus.
A monstrous beauty
It was reported last week that Samsung is not planning to break the 6-inch phablet screen for the Note 3, a suggestion dutifully heeded by Master Nexus in expressing his/her take on the giant smartphone, which sports a 5.9-inch Full HD Super AMOLED screen that expectedly should beat out what the Note 2 had previously offered.
However, Samsung's curved-brick signature is noticeably in the new image render and in its place, the Note 3 adopted a squared profile that is both thin and long. Still, the concept remains true with the general attributes of the Note series, exuding the familiar look and appeal that made Note fans fall in love in love with the first two iterations.
The outside appearance, already an eye-candy on concept alone, is complemented by a powerhouse collection of hardware specs resting inside the Note 3 guts. The CPU is a tandem of a 4 core 2GHz Cortex A15 and a 4 core 1.4GHz Cortex A7 that will backup each other in ensuring the new phablet works wonders without consuming too much energy. This is the closest that we can get to eight-core processing technology at this point.
The smooth operator that it is touted to be, the Note 3 would have a 4GB of RAM to ensure that lags and freezes are things of the past in a mobile environment that by August 2013 will fuse what Google's Key Lime Pie and Samsung's TouchWiz can offer.
A 4000mAh battery would fuel the Note 3 into life for much of the day, adding a bit to its total weight footprint of 220 grams - hefty but not entirely a burden for a gadget that delivers the goods in marvellous ways.
True to earlier projections, this new concept lends the Note 3 a 16MP rear shooter that is able to record 1080p clips at 60fps. The complementing front cam, which we usually rely on for video chats, is not exactly an after-thought. It comes with a respectable 2MP sensor that gladly captures 1080p videos at 30fps. Both cams are laced with BSI while the main snapper is aided by an LED flash.
Virtually, the passionate camera enthusiasts will not run out of space with the Note 3, which the concept says will offer two storage configurations, 64GB and 128GB, while allowing microSDXC expansion of the same sizes. Theoretically, new Samsung phablet owners will enjoy a maximum of 256GB of device room to hoard not only their image and video files but all sorts of digital creations.
As expected, this Galaxy Note 3 concept is endowed with best network access and device pairing capabilities available today. It has the fastest Bluetooth, USB, Wi-Fi, 4G-LTE and NFC, the latter likely to implement Samsung's planned cashless payment processing.
And if we get lucky, most of these dreamed features will see the light of the day a few months from now, probably September at the latest, which is the rumoured release date that Samsung has reportedly set for the Galaxy Note 3.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS