TeleType, a GPS navigation provider, has expanded its Cloud-based truck routing service to the U.K. The SmartTruckRoute service began in the U.S. a year ago and now supports the 50 U.S. States, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico, and the U.K. for Android devices as well as iPhone and iPad.
TeleType draws on its many years of experience as the company pioneered the use of portable GPS for truck navigation and has applied its expertise to the new server-based technology.
The SmartTruckRoute app now supports truck-specific routing for the U.K. commercial vehicle drivers wishing to validate routes and navigate with the convenience of their phones.
The SmartTruckRoute app connects to in-house truck routing servers to allow commercial drivers to use the built-in GPS of the phone or tablet to create truck-specific routes with the added benefits of live map updates.
The software takes into account commercial truck restrictions as well as the vehicle height and weight. SmartTruckRoute helps drivers avoid costly tickets and provides additional safety. Turn by turn visual and voice instructions allow the driver to use the handset hands free when navigating.
"The SmartTruckRoute app makes the job of the commercial driver easier, safer and more cost effective than alternative methods. Our unique method of updating the maps and commercial restrictions allows us to provide lorry drivers with the most up to date maps and restrictions possible," Ed Friedman, president of TeleType said.
SmartTruckRoute Key Features and Benefits:
- Provides U.K., U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico maps
- Enables Turn-by-turn navigation with voice and visual instructions
- Instant activation without the need for lengthy map downloads, offers immediate truck-specific routing upon purchase, no waiting time
- Offers large type navigation panel for critical information such as Distance to Turn, Distance to Go, Time to Destination, and Street names
- Dynamic routing based on size and weight of vehicle, user definable truck specifications
- Recognizes voice inputs of the destination's address or company name to allow for hands-free operation
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: