Followed by the release of CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1) M1 Jelly Bean ROM the team has now officially announced the CM10.1 M2 ROM for multiple Android powered devices. The latest custom build brings Android 4.2.2 update for the devices.
CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM is available for Nexus 7.
One such custom build is available for the Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi version). Nexus 7 users who wish to install CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on their devices may follow our step-by-step guide below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Users are advised that the aforementioned Jelly Bean ROM is compatible only with Nexus 7; installing this ROM on any other device is likely to brick the device. Users are also reminded that their devices may come accross bug issues since this is a nightly build. Head over to the developement page to learn more about the ROM.
1) Install USB Driver for Nexus 7 to the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode which will help to transfer files between the tablet and the computer. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Create back-up for all the data of the tablet.
4) Verify the Nexus 7 should have more than 80 per cent of charge.
5) The device should be rooted and have ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed.
6) Make a Nandroid back-up of the previous tablet set up before proceeding.
7) The device should be factory unlocked.
Steps to install CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi version)
1) Download CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Nexus 7 to the computer [For alternative link click here]
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Plug in the USB cable to Nexus 7 to connect it with the computer. Now copy the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the device
4) Power off the Nexus 7 and then enter into Bootloader Mode. To do so turn on the tablet while pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together. Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER and then go to Recovery
5) In CWM recovery, perform data wiping task first. Then scroll down to 'Flash zip from SD card' and press the Power button to select it
6) Again press the Power button and select 'Choose zip from SD card.' Now using the Volume buttons navigate to the Jelly Bean ROM zip file which is being copied to the SD card. Select it using the Power button and confirm installation on the next screen
7) Once the ROM is installed, follow the similar procedure to install Google Apps zip file
8) After the installation process is completed, return to the main recovery menu and select 'Reboot System now' in order to reboot the tablet and boot up in to customised Jelly Bean ROM. The device will take about five minutes to boot up for the first time
CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM should be now installed and running on Google Nexus 7. Head over to Settings>> About tablet to verify the software version running on the device.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: