CyanogenMod developers have released a new update and this time it is for HTC One XL with CM 10.1. The custom ROM includes the tasty features of the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and it works with AT&T HTC One X and HTC One XL models. Check out the step-by-step guide on how to install it.
Warning: The procedure will void any warranty on your device. The developer is not responsible for any damages to both the device and SD cards. Do your research before proceeding. Flashing this firmware is at your own risk.
1. Make a backup of all data files, SMS, and contacts on your phone.
2. The device boot loader must be unlocked. Click here on how to unlock it.
3. Install a ClockworkMod recovery on your device.
4. Download the CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Custom ROM to your computer.
5. Download Google Apps to your computer as well.
1. Extract the "boot.img" from the zip file.
2. Connect your device to the computer via USB cable.
3. Copy the "Android 4.2.2 custom ROM" zip and the Google Apps package to the SD card. Paste them in the main directory of the SD card.
4. Switch off the device.
5. Press and hold Volume down + Power key to reboot to fastboot mode.
6. Once the device is in fastboot mode, find the "android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools" directory on your computer and open a Command Window.
7. Type this command: fastboot flash boot boot.img
8. After that, type in: fastboot reboot
9. Navigate through the screen and select Bootloader and then go to Recovery.
10. Inside the CWM recovery mode, wipe data/reset. Scroll down and "flash/install zip from SD card". Use the Power key to select it.
11. Use the Power key to select "choose zip from SD card".
12. Use the volume keys to browse for "Android 4.2.2ROM" zip file and use the power key to select it, then confirm installation.
13. After the installation, go back and reboot the device by selecting "reboot system now". The device will boot and usually takes 5 minutes on its first time. Be patient.
14. Once the device successfully boots, your HTC One XL is now running Android 4.2.2 with CM10.1. Go to Settings - About Phone to view the details.
For comments and changelogs, visit the original thread of the developer.
To contact the editor, e-mail: