Grey's Anatomy Season 9: Alex Karev Gets Jealous, Jackson Avery Deals with the Big Docs [VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | March 8, 2013 12:41 PM EST
Grey's Anatomy Season 9 returns next week (Mar. 14) to tackle the changes at Seattle Grace Mercy West management. Alex Karev will deal with changes, too. And Jackson Avery will play with the big docs at the board room.
Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Episode 17: 'Transplant Wasteland'
Grey's Anatomy shippers of Karev and Jo Wilson will enjoy the upcoming episode, titled "Transplant Wasteland." Karev will struggle with bouts of jealousy as Wilson spends more time with her boyfriend. As a result, it will be weird and awkward, and romantic all at the same time.
Jackson Avery, who has just passed his oral boards will be taking care of a different board. His mom has bought him a hospital. Now Avery is out to prove that he has more than just family fortune to deserve a board seat. Viewers get ready for some ego wars. Avery will be playing with bigger docs, from Derek Shepherd to the Calzona couple - Callie Torres and Arizona Robbins.
It is interesting that Avery and Robbins already had a decision-making conflict in the past. Avery held his own at the time, and he is likely to continue to man up and make brave decisions at the hospital's top management. How does this affect his relationship with April Kepner?
Avery may be enjoying his dalliance with an intern now. But soon, some residual feelings for Kepner will come to the surface. And he's going to deal with it, as Kepner continues to date a paramedic.
Grey's Anatomy: Why Ship Karev and Wilson?
Grey's creator and showrunner has called Season 9 a "season of romance." This is how production makes up for the tragic ending it gave to the Mark Sloan-Lexie Grey story. Romance will be at the core of Karev's character arc, as well as Avery's and the rest of the doctors. But for now, the shippers' eyes are set on Karev and Wilson. How can you not ship these two?
Wilson was perhaps the most annoying crybaby doc Grey's Anatomy viewers have ever seen. But Karev toughened her up, and she has grown to respect him. In fact, the idea that Karev and she will part ways (when they all though the hospital was closing down) was all too frightening and heavy for her. They bring out the best in each other. They make an awesome team. Karev's fans, who have been rooting for his happiness, are just too happy that romance is in the air for this obviously-getting-there-soon couple.
VIDEO: Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Episode 17: 'Transplant Wasteland'
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools