Richard Sherman Vs. Skip Bayless: Seattle Seahawk Argues With Skip Bayless on ESPN's 'First Take'
By IB Times Staff Reporter | March 8, 2013 12:30 PM EST
Seattle Seahawk Richard Sherman continued his offseason campaign for the "Best Corner Back In the NFL" on ESPN's "First Take" Thursday, and the results may still be out.
The 25-year-old already challenged New York Jet Darelle Revis in a Twitter battle this off-season, but has now taken on “First Take” host Skip Bayless.
Co-host Stephen A. Smith asked Sherman about his skills and how good he thinks he is, and from there Sherman went off.
Citing game tape and his stats after two seasons in the NFL, Sherman then directly spoke to Bayless saying: “Skip, whenever you refer to me, whenever you speak to me, whenever you address me, address me as All-Pro Stanford graduate, because those are some accomplishments you will never...you can aspire to, you will never accomplish. You have never accomplished anything.”
During the 2012 season, Sherman notched eight interceptions, tied for second in the NFL, with 24 passes defended.
Bayless followed up: “Ok, I’ll accept that even though I’ve accomplished more in my field than you have in your’s, thought you’re just getting started.”
The 61-year-old Bayless has been a radio and television host, and reporter for renowned newspapers like the Dallas Morning News and Chicago Tribune.
From that point on, Smith remained silent while Bayless tried to counter numerous haymakers thrown by Sherman.
Aside from the typical shouting matches and barbs Bayless and Smith engage in daily, Sherman is not the first person to challenge the Bayless on the air before.
Last June, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban called out Bayless, and members of the sports media overall, saying they speak in “generalities”.
Hopefully there will be a Round 2 between Sherman and Bayless.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown