Richard Sherman Vs. Skip Bayless: Seattle Seahawk Argues With Skip Bayless on ESPN's 'First Take'
By IB Times Staff Reporter | March 8, 2013 12:30 PM EST
Seattle Seahawk Richard Sherman continued his offseason campaign for the "Best Corner Back In the NFL" on ESPN's "First Take" Thursday, and the results may still be out.
The 25-year-old already challenged New York Jet Darelle Revis in a Twitter battle this off-season, but has now taken on “First Take” host Skip Bayless.
Co-host Stephen A. Smith asked Sherman about his skills and how good he thinks he is, and from there Sherman went off.
Citing game tape and his stats after two seasons in the NFL, Sherman then directly spoke to Bayless saying: “Skip, whenever you refer to me, whenever you speak to me, whenever you address me, address me as All-Pro Stanford graduate, because those are some accomplishments you will never...you can aspire to, you will never accomplish. You have never accomplished anything.”
During the 2012 season, Sherman notched eight interceptions, tied for second in the NFL, with 24 passes defended.
Bayless followed up: “Ok, I’ll accept that even though I’ve accomplished more in my field than you have in your’s, thought you’re just getting started.”
The 61-year-old Bayless has been a radio and television host, and reporter for renowned newspapers like the Dallas Morning News and Chicago Tribune.
From that point on, Smith remained silent while Bayless tried to counter numerous haymakers thrown by Sherman.
Aside from the typical shouting matches and barbs Bayless and Smith engage in daily, Sherman is not the first person to challenge the Bayless on the air before.
Last June, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban called out Bayless, and members of the sports media overall, saying they speak in “generalities”.
Hopefully there will be a Round 2 between Sherman and Bayless.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS