Richard Sherman Vs. Skip Bayless: Seattle Seahawk Argues With Skip Bayless on ESPN's 'First Take'
By IB Times Staff Reporter | March 8, 2013 12:30 PM EST
Seattle Seahawk Richard Sherman continued his offseason campaign for the "Best Corner Back In the NFL" on ESPN's "First Take" Thursday, and the results may still be out.
The 25-year-old already challenged New York Jet Darelle Revis in a Twitter battle this off-season, but has now taken on “First Take” host Skip Bayless.
Co-host Stephen A. Smith asked Sherman about his skills and how good he thinks he is, and from there Sherman went off.
Citing game tape and his stats after two seasons in the NFL, Sherman then directly spoke to Bayless saying: “Skip, whenever you refer to me, whenever you speak to me, whenever you address me, address me as All-Pro Stanford graduate, because those are some accomplishments you will never...you can aspire to, you will never accomplish. You have never accomplished anything.”
During the 2012 season, Sherman notched eight interceptions, tied for second in the NFL, with 24 passes defended.
Bayless followed up: “Ok, I’ll accept that even though I’ve accomplished more in my field than you have in your’s, thought you’re just getting started.”
The 61-year-old Bayless has been a radio and television host, and reporter for renowned newspapers like the Dallas Morning News and Chicago Tribune.
From that point on, Smith remained silent while Bayless tried to counter numerous haymakers thrown by Sherman.
Aside from the typical shouting matches and barbs Bayless and Smith engage in daily, Sherman is not the first person to challenge the Bayless on the air before.
Last June, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban called out Bayless, and members of the sports media overall, saying they speak in “generalities”.
Hopefully there will be a Round 2 between Sherman and Bayless.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- Chelsea FC: Spanish NT Doctor Belies Mourinho's Claim That Diego Costa Aggravated Hamstring Injury
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists