By Rudi Filapek-Vandyck, Editor FNArena
I joined Twitter. Not because I am curious what this celebrity has to say about her kids, or to read that another one is waiting for a connecting flight, impatiently. Twitter allows me to follow news and commentary sources such as Dow Jones' Marketwatch, Bloomberg News and the Wall Street Journal. It assists me in keeping up with what is happening across the globe, while I am observing and analysing financial markets myself.
While I am on Twitter, reading a quote here and a news flash there, I offer my own succinct insights and commentary. Those amongst you who have already discovered the virtues of a Twitter account can add my Tweets to their daily news via @filapek.
For those who have no intention to join Twitter, but would like to stay up to date, below are my Tweets from the week past:
- Remarkable: Analysis by Boeckh Investments revealed US profit margins are higher than for listed companies in any other developed country
- In case anyone's still interested: #China spot #ironore price rose by US60c to US$145.80 a tonne. #Commodities rather mixed overnight
- CBA sees pros and cons balancing each other out in Australia and thus the RBA is likely to remain on the sidelines throughout calendar 2013
- CS: Oz #equities now expensive absolute terms on both conventional and through the cycle earnings bases but risk appetite remains elevated
- A new bull market for equities? John Hussman has a few inconvenient points to make http://goo.gl/2qAMg
- Goldman Sachs has removed PanAust (PNA) from Structural Leaders Focus List on lowered gold outlook. List includes AMC, CBA, BHP, COH etc
- So you want to be a safe haven do you, well do you #AUD? 7 of last 8 week's lower. This week's open ugly #FOREX http://ow.ly/i/1CnWM
- China Property stocks TANKING -7% today! Down the most since 2009 as China tightens mortgage rules. Higher down payments & rates on 2nd home
- BA-ML finds A-REITs fairly valued and says further upside will come from capital management initiatives #REITs #investing #equities
- Morgan Stanley sees opportunity in beaten down #gold equities; turns bearish on A-REITs and advises clients to take profits on #REITs
- There's no growth in #ANZ Bank's growth strategy, say analysts at Morgan Stanley. Rating Underweight, target cut to $22.90
- Macquarie sees less than 9% in return ahead for Oz Equities next 12 mnts; note 4.5% in dividends included. Similar return for resources
- CIMB analysts went to Lihir Island and effectively returned with the message that Newcrest is -again- going to downgrade production guidance
- Bearish Divergence. Currently I'm seeing 62% of the top 50 stocks that are hitting equal or higher highs showing divergence. #ausbiz
- David Rosenberg: Fed's QE in 2013 is akin to 125bp cuts to interest rates while conditions are not in place for bonds sell-off
- David Rosenberg: #gold down for 5 months out of past 5; longest losing streak since last phase of previous bear market in 1997
- Glushkin Sheff's David Rosenberg: look deeper and you'll see that Risk Off is making a return. #Commodities at lowest levels in 7 weeks
You can add my regular Tweets on Twitter via @filapek
Find out why FNArena subscribers like the service so much: "Your Feedback (Thank You)" - Warning this story contains unashamedly positive feedback on the service provided.
FN Arena is building the future of financial news reporting at www.fnarena.com . Our daily news reports can be trialed at no cost and with no obligations. Simply sign up and get a feel for what we are trying to achieve.
Subscribers and trialists should read our terms and conditions, available on the website.
All material published by FN Arena is the copyright of the publisher, unless otherwise stated. Reproduction in whole or in part is not permitted without written permission of the publisher.