Sony unveiled the 10.1-inch tablet at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, and showed the entire conference about their new device to compete with Apple and Samsung. The tablet runs Android OS, comes in black or white, LTE or Wi-Fi version and claimed to be the world's slimmest LTE tablet.
1. Ultra-thin: Xperia Tablet Z has a thickness of just 6.9mm and weighs 495 grams, very light for a 10.1-inch size.
2. Maximum Protection: Similar to the Xperia Z smartphone, this tablet is water-resistant and has a super-strong glass display. Sony claims that it is capable of withstanding water jets for up to 30 minutes, and its front panel is made of durable tempered glass with anti-shatter film.
3. Reflective Design: Xperia Tablet Z has subtly rounded edges and reflective surfaces on all sides. The edges are rounded with smooth, reflective glass finish. The borders of the HD tablet have been developed to not affect viewing.
4. Big Screen with BRAVIA: The expertise of Sony in television has been yet again exposed. The Xperia Tablet Z is powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 and OptiContrast panel. The device produces color rich images, wide color spectrum and clear view against bright sunlight.
5. Universal Remote: With its NFC technology, you can use Xperia Tablet Z as a universal remote control for home entertainment. A single touch is all that is needed for turning on the TV, changing tracks from the Bluetooth speaker or sharing with other devices.
6. Fast Performance: The thin Xperia Z tablet has 1.5GHz quad-core processor to deliver superfast performance, improved multitasking and better battery life.
7. Maximum Storage: To support the multitasking function, Xperia Tablet Z has 2GB of RAM for all the application needs, 32GB internal storage, and an option to add more storage using the microSD card.
8. Exmor R: Sony Xperia Tablet Z has 8.1MP camera empowered by Exmor R imaging technology and LED flash. The Exmor R mobile sensor is responsible for the high quality imaging, including shooting with a candlelight and minimal noise recording.
9. S Force and Clear Audio: Sony added up S-Force virtual surround sound technology in the tablet to enhance audio quality. Xperia Tablet Z has 4 speaks and Clear Audio add-on for richer sound as if the real thing.