iPad Mini Issues: Problems that Should be Fixed in the iPad Mini 2
By Gilda Galang | March 7, 2013 2:34 PM EST
Rumours of an April release date for the iPad Mini 2 have been surfacing, and those who may have had the iPad Mini just for a while now - its debut release was just last November 2012 - may be a bit disappointed that they weren't able to hold out a little longer.
It doesn't help that the iPad Mini has issues of its own, which hopefully won't be reflected in the iPad Mini 2.
Probably the biggest concern and letdown was the lack of a "Retina" high-resolution screen on the iPad mini. According to NBC News, the resolution was compared to most of the competition and it was found to fall behind some of the more fierce competition.
What's more, the report made by DisplayMate showed that the range of color is less and screen reflectance is higher compared to Nexus, meaning the iPad Mini is less visible in bright lighting.
It's an iPad 2 downsized
Considering the fast pace of developments in electronics - and Apple prides itself as being one who is top - notch in the competition, it's a wonder that the iPad Mini still has the Apple A5 1.0 GHz, which is the same as what is in the iPad 2, reports Macgasm.net.
This can be a serious issue for those who need their gadgets to be in sync with new developments. After all, if Apple releases new features for its more recent products, just how long will it take for them to release these same features that are compatible with old-gen models?
There hasn't been any definite word on what processor the iPad Mini 2 will have, but T3 reports that it may be upgraded to the A6X 1.4 GHz dual-core, which is in the iPad 4.
One of the earlier problems that people encountered with the iPad Mini 2 is the intermittent Wi-Fi connection-somehow whatever connection you get just drops off.
TabletCrunch reports that there four simple ways to fix this issue. You can renew the IP address on the device, especially if you are in a public place that makes use of shared Wi-Fi connection. Users can also choose the WPA or WPA2 as a security tool, instead of the WEP.
The fastest way to try troubleshooting is to reset network settings, to get rid of all the cache information. Lastly, if nothing works, it may be an issue with your Wi-Fi router, which may be in need of an update itself.
Digital Trends also reports that Apple had already released an iOS 6.0.3 update that would fix theWi-fi issue, which can now be downloaded through iTunes or over-the-air.
Admittedly, it has been around four months since the iPad Mini was released. And some of its features, like the camera, may pale in comparison to newer Apple devices, like the iPhone 5.
The current iPad Mini features a 5-megpixel iSight camera, which, compared to the iPhone 's 8-megapixel one, suddenly seems like a lesser deal. While the iPad Mini 2's specs are not yet out, hopefully, it will have the same, if not better, camera specs as the iPhone 5.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Windows 9 Release: Reasons of Free Download for Windows 8 and Windows 7 Customers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales