iPad Mini Issues: Problems that Should be Fixed in the iPad Mini 2
By Gilda Galang | March 7, 2013 2:34 PM EST
Rumours of an April release date for the iPad Mini 2 have been surfacing, and those who may have had the iPad Mini just for a while now - its debut release was just last November 2012 - may be a bit disappointed that they weren't able to hold out a little longer.
It doesn't help that the iPad Mini has issues of its own, which hopefully won't be reflected in the iPad Mini 2.
Probably the biggest concern and letdown was the lack of a "Retina" high-resolution screen on the iPad mini. According to NBC News, the resolution was compared to most of the competition and it was found to fall behind some of the more fierce competition.
What's more, the report made by DisplayMate showed that the range of color is less and screen reflectance is higher compared to Nexus, meaning the iPad Mini is less visible in bright lighting.
It's an iPad 2 downsized
Considering the fast pace of developments in electronics - and Apple prides itself as being one who is top - notch in the competition, it's a wonder that the iPad Mini still has the Apple A5 1.0 GHz, which is the same as what is in the iPad 2, reports Macgasm.net.
This can be a serious issue for those who need their gadgets to be in sync with new developments. After all, if Apple releases new features for its more recent products, just how long will it take for them to release these same features that are compatible with old-gen models?
There hasn't been any definite word on what processor the iPad Mini 2 will have, but T3 reports that it may be upgraded to the A6X 1.4 GHz dual-core, which is in the iPad 4.
One of the earlier problems that people encountered with the iPad Mini 2 is the intermittent Wi-Fi connection-somehow whatever connection you get just drops off.
TabletCrunch reports that there four simple ways to fix this issue. You can renew the IP address on the device, especially if you are in a public place that makes use of shared Wi-Fi connection. Users can also choose the WPA or WPA2 as a security tool, instead of the WEP.
The fastest way to try troubleshooting is to reset network settings, to get rid of all the cache information. Lastly, if nothing works, it may be an issue with your Wi-Fi router, which may be in need of an update itself.
Digital Trends also reports that Apple had already released an iOS 6.0.3 update that would fix theWi-fi issue, which can now be downloaded through iTunes or over-the-air.
Admittedly, it has been around four months since the iPad Mini was released. And some of its features, like the camera, may pale in comparison to newer Apple devices, like the iPhone 5.
The current iPad Mini features a 5-megpixel iSight camera, which, compared to the iPhone 's 8-megapixel one, suddenly seems like a lesser deal. While the iPad Mini 2's specs are not yet out, hopefully, it will have the same, if not better, camera specs as the iPhone 5.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
- SIMS 4 Missing Contents To Be Added Via DLC and New Details Unveiled From Livestream
- 5 Free Apps For Smartphones That Can Help Make You Look Beautiful
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares