‘Race 2’ Box Office Collection: Saif Starrer Becomes Highest Grosser in Pakistan; Beats ‘Don 2’, ‘Bodyguard’
By Ankita Mehta | March 6, 2013 11:53 PM EST
The action thriller gained the top position after earning $775,000 at the Pakistan box office in a few weeks after its release. The film overtook Shahrukh Khan's 2011 action crime film "Don 2", which collected approximately $680,000, followed by Salman Khan's "Bodyguard" with $630,000 and "Dabangg 2" with $600,000.
The film, a sequel to the 2008 film "Race", has become the second highest grossing film in the country after Pakistani social drama film "Bol" which minted $1 million at collection centres.
The second installment film is directed by Abbas-Mustan. Saif and Anil Kapoor are the only actors who featured in the prequel. It also became 2013's first film to cross the ₹100 crore mark in India and worldwide. This is Saif Ali Khan and John Abraham's first movie that had made it to the century club in India.
The film was released worldwide on 25 January and collected approximately $6.75 million (around ₹35.75 crore) at the overseas box office.
The collections of "Race 2" declined majorly due to new releases which brought down the screen count of the film.
The action thriller film also features John, Deepika Padukone, Jacqueline Fernandez and Ameesha Patel in leading roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]