Sony’s Xperia Z, ZL to Release Wednesday in India, Now Up for Pre-Orders
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 6, 2013 4:52 PM EST
The Xperia Z and Xperia ZL smartphones are up for pre-orders on e-commerce website Flipkart for ₹38,990 and ₹35,990, respectively. The prices are close to the street prices of the two smartphones.
According to the website, the devices will be made available in the third week of March.
The high-end Xperia Z smartphone, which was recently unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show, marked a good start after its launch in home country Japan and several parts of Europe. The Android smartphone is currently available in 60 countries.
Xperia Z sports a 5-inch full HD capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels and is powered by a quad core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor. It runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system and features a 13-megapixel rear camera along with a 2.2-megapixel front-facing camera. The smartphone supports connectivity features like WIFI, Bluetooth, NFC and 4G LTE. In terms of memory, the smartphone comes with 2GB RAM and internal storage of 16GB which is expandable up to 32GB through a microSD card. Additionally, the phone comes with IP57 certification for dust and water resistance.
Earlier this week, Sony India had confirmed that its high-end smartphones will hit the Indian market on 6 March. The company hasn't revealed any details about the price and the availability, but the smartphones are likely to fall in the ₹40,000 price bracket.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports