Sony’s Xperia Z, ZL to Release Wednesday in India, Now Up for Pre-Orders
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 6, 2013 4:52 PM EST
The Xperia Z and Xperia ZL smartphones are up for pre-orders on e-commerce website Flipkart for ₹38,990 and ₹35,990, respectively. The prices are close to the street prices of the two smartphones.
According to the website, the devices will be made available in the third week of March.
The high-end Xperia Z smartphone, which was recently unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show, marked a good start after its launch in home country Japan and several parts of Europe. The Android smartphone is currently available in 60 countries.
Xperia Z sports a 5-inch full HD capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels and is powered by a quad core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor. It runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system and features a 13-megapixel rear camera along with a 2.2-megapixel front-facing camera. The smartphone supports connectivity features like WIFI, Bluetooth, NFC and 4G LTE. In terms of memory, the smartphone comes with 2GB RAM and internal storage of 16GB which is expandable up to 32GB through a microSD card. Additionally, the phone comes with IP57 certification for dust and water resistance.
Earlier this week, Sony India had confirmed that its high-end smartphones will hit the Indian market on 6 March. The company hasn't revealed any details about the price and the availability, but the smartphones are likely to fall in the ₹40,000 price bracket.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales