Sony’s Xperia Z, ZL to Release Wednesday in India, Now Up for Pre-Orders
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 6, 2013 4:52 PM EST
The Xperia Z and Xperia ZL smartphones are up for pre-orders on e-commerce website Flipkart for ₹38,990 and ₹35,990, respectively. The prices are close to the street prices of the two smartphones.
According to the website, the devices will be made available in the third week of March.
The high-end Xperia Z smartphone, which was recently unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show, marked a good start after its launch in home country Japan and several parts of Europe. The Android smartphone is currently available in 60 countries.
Xperia Z sports a 5-inch full HD capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels and is powered by a quad core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor. It runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system and features a 13-megapixel rear camera along with a 2.2-megapixel front-facing camera. The smartphone supports connectivity features like WIFI, Bluetooth, NFC and 4G LTE. In terms of memory, the smartphone comes with 2GB RAM and internal storage of 16GB which is expandable up to 32GB through a microSD card. Additionally, the phone comes with IP57 certification for dust and water resistance.
Earlier this week, Sony India had confirmed that its high-end smartphones will hit the Indian market on 6 March. The company hasn't revealed any details about the price and the availability, but the smartphones are likely to fall in the ₹40,000 price bracket.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate