Top After-Market Nasdaq Movers (Ascena, Santarus, AcelRx Inc, Park-Ohio, Zoltek, Impax, SHFL, Renewable Energy, Warner Chilcott )
By Sreeja V N | March 5, 2013 5:56 PM EST
The top after-market Nasdaq gainers Monday were Ascena Retail Group Inc, Santarus Inc, AcelRx Pharmaceuticals Inc, Park-Ohio Holdings Corp and Zoltek Companies Inc, while the top after-market Nasdaq losers were Impax Laboratories Inc, SHFL entertainment Inc, Renewable Energy Group Inc and Warner Chilcott Plc.
Ascena Retail Group Inc (NASDAQ:ASNA) shares surged 16.15 percent to $19.20 in post-market trading. The company reported a drop in second-quarter profit to $47.2 million or $0.29 per share from $63.7 million or $0.40 per share last year. Income from continuing operations dropped to $0.23 per share from $0.40 per share last year. However, earnings exceeded the consensus estimate of $0.23 earnings per share.
Santarus Inc (NASDAQ:SNTS) shares climbed 11.09 percent to $15.33 in post-market trading Monday. The company reported fourth quarter net income of $0.08 per share after the close Monday, up from $0.03 per share in the previous year. The consensus estimate was for earnings per share of $0.01. The company expects to report full year 2013 EPS of $0.92 to $1.00, compared to the consensus estimate of $0.70.
AcelRx Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:ACRX) shares advanced 10.44 percent to $5.50 in post-market trading. The shares surged after the company said Monday that top-line data results showed that the first of two pivotal placebo-controlled Phase 3 studies for its investigational sublingual Sufentanil NanoTab PCA System met its primary endpoint.
Park-Ohio Holdings Corp (NASDAQ:PKOH) shares gained 7.50 percent to $22.94 in post-market trading. The company announced that for fiscal 2013, it expects revenues to be approximately 8% greater than fiscal 2012 revenues, earnings to be in the range of $3.65 to $3.95 per diluted share and EBITDA to be in the range of $119 million to $124 million. The company reported revenues of $1.134 billion in fiscal 2012. Analysts estimate the company to report EPS of $3.61, EBITDA of $118 million on revenues of $1.216 billion for fiscal 2013.
Zoltek Companies Inc (NASDAQ:ZOLT) shares advanced 5.41 percent to $9.75 in post-market trading. The company announced Monday that its Board of Directors authorized a share repurchase program whereby the Company may repurchase up to 1.0 million shares of its outstanding common stock. This replaces a share repurchase plan previously authorized by the Board of Directors in 2006.
Impax Laboratories Inc (NASDAQ:IPXL) shares declined 16.75 percent to $16.65 in post-market trading. The company announced after the bell Monday that the FDA completed its re-inspection of the company's Hayward manufacturing facility in connection with the Form 483 issued in March last year.
SHFL Entertainment Inc (NASDAQ:SHFL) shares dropped 4.63 percent to $15.25 in post-market trading. The company reported net income of $7.06 million or $0.12 per share for the first quarter, lower than $7.65 million or $0.14 per share in the prior-year quarter in line with analysts’ expectations. However, revenues reported at $58.78 million up from $56.05 million in the same quarter last year, missed Wall Street analysts’ consensus estimate of $59.89 million.
Renewable Energy Group Inc (NASDAQ:REGI) shares slumped 4.61 percent to $7.25 in post-market trading. The company reported revenues for the fourth quarter at $232 million down from the $267 million reported in the corresponding period a year ago.
Warner Chilcott Plc (NASDAQ:WCRX) shares fell 2.34 percent to $13.46 in post-market trading. The company stock has a 52-week average of $10.85-$23.28 and a market capitalization of $3.45 billion.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?