The endless running video game from Imangi Studios, Temple Run 2, which had overtaken a record of Angry Birds with 50 million download mark in 13 days, is now modifiable with game cheat without needing root access or jailbreaking.
Both Android and iOS versions of the game had received a game patch which modifies the current amount of coins and gems the user has. There is also another trick which allows restoration of game resources in case they got depleted. Remember, no root or jailbreaking is required to do the cheat patch.
1. Download the patch file. You can do this either using a computer or simply through your Android device.
2. After the file has been downloaded, open your "My Files" or any file explorer/manager app you have installed.
3. Find "Android" folder to one of your storages. If the device uses an internal storage, the game files would be located there.
4. Once you have found the "Android" folder, open "data > com.imangi...templerun2 > files. Here you will find the gamedata.txt file which you must delete. You have the option to make a backup of this file instead of deleting it.
5. Go back to "My Files" then to the "Downloads" folder. Both the internal and external storages have this folder. Find the gamedata.txt file you have downloaded earlier from one of those storages. Remember that the original gamedata.txt file and the cheat has the same name but only one of them is the cheat patch.
6. Move that gamedata.txt cheat file to Temple Run 2 game folder earlier where you have the original one.
7. Remove the Temple Run 2 from active applications then relaunch the game.
8. Wait for several seconds and boom! You have unlimited coins and gems to buy anything you want.
According to users of this game patch, the same works with Windows version. Simply find the folder where the original gamedata.txt file exists and patch in the cheat file.
Imangi Studios has no plans yet for the next sequel, Temple Run 3. The developer announced that expansion packs for the latest sequel will be available in July 2013.