Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Release Date the Same as iPhone6/iPhone 5S?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 4, 2013 4:21 PM EST
The third generation of the Galaxy Note will definitely be released this year, although the exact release date is still unknown. New rumours claimed that the phablet will be launched in summer.
Industry analysts are predicting that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date will arrive late in the second fiscal quarter (Q2 ends June 30) or early in Q3.
Android Geeks points out that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date is likely intended to take place at around the same time Apple launches their next iPhone. Smartphones of the rival company Apple, iPhone 6 and iPhone 5S, are also rumoured to make their debuts as early as August 2013.
"The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date might be scheduled for late Q2 2013 or early Q3 2013, in an attempt to bite a large chunk of iPhone 5S' market share pie," notes the tech blog.
There are other speculations that Samsung will hold the announcement of the Note 3 on the annual IFA event in Berlin.
"Since the latest reports are showing that Apple will set the iPhone 5S release date for June, we might even see the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in flesh at IFA Berlin 2013 held between September 6 to 11. Or maybe Samsung will unveil its next-gen tablet in a separate event (just like it did with the Galaxy S3) a week before IFA Berlin, so all the media will be focusing on their new release," Android Geek stated.
It was initially reported that Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be announced at the recently concluded Mobile World Congress. However, the device went MIA. Moreover, Samsung released a press invite that hinted the imminent release of Samsung Galaxy S4.
Some of the rumoured specs and features of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 are: 6.3-inch Full HD screen display; unbreakable, flexible screen; 8-core Exynos 5 Octa processor chip; stylus And finger hovering feature; Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie OS; 16 megapixel rear camera with auto focus, LED flash and BSI and 3 megapixel front camera with 'Best Photo,' 'Best Faces,' low light show and BSI; 32, 64 and 128 GB internal memory options expandable storage via microSD cards; 4,000 mAh Li-on battery.
However, Samsung spokesman said that the company does not comment on rumours.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft