The aging but still useful
Epic 4G is finally getting some taste of Jelly Bean with the help of CyanogenMod 10.1. The release is the first official CM10.1 nightly build ROM to the device. CyanogenMod 10.1 features lockscreen widgets, Quick Settings, and tweaks which are normally found in Samsung 4.2 Jelly Bean and Xda developers are willing to share the blessing. Android
Warning and Disclaimer:
1. The phone's warranty will be void if there is any.
2. The developer is not responsible for bricked devices and dead SD cards.
3. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it.
4. If the device is not on an official CM10 or CM10.1 not building, this will wipe your device's data. You will need to ODIN back to stock if you wish to use another ROM.
1. Install the
AppBak from the Play Store. Run it and save a list of all applications.
SMS Backup and Restore from the Play Store and run it to make the SMS backup.
Call Logs Backup and Restore as well and run it for saving call log history.
4. Have a ClockworkMod recovery installed and make a full backup. The backup is useful if ever you want to go back to the previous ROM and data.
5. It is highly recommended to wipe data before flashing CM10.1.
6. Download the
CM10.1 nightly build for and the Epic Samsung Google Apps.
1. Reboot to the CWM recovery mode.
2. Choose the CM10.1 zip file you have downloaded and install it to the device.
3. After installation, select the package file of the Google Apps you have downloaded and install it the same way with the ROM zip file.
4. Perform a wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, and wipe Dalvik cache.
5. Reboot your device and wait for at least 5 minutes as the ROM runs for the first time.
6. Check your "About Phone" in the Settings to view the firmware version after a successful installation.
For any bugs, errors, or problems post directly your comments in the
original thread and do not use report bug to the bug tracker if you are using this build.
To contact the editor, e-mail: