LG Confirms Nexus 5 Partnership Negotiation with Google, Sony, Motorola and HTC
By Jenalyn Villamarin | March 4, 2013 11:34 AM EST
At the 2013 Mobile World Congress (MWC), LG may not have mentioned any scheduled release dates but the company confirmed they could take part in the upcoming Nexus 5 smart phone project. The much anticipated Google Nexus 4 successor is expected to be launched at Google's I/O conference in May.
Shaun Musgrave, LG's UK Product Manager, confirmed that the company has an on-going negotiation with Google to have a partnership in manufacturing the Nexus 5 hardware. Though Google acquired Motorola, the Search Engine giant maintains that all of its partners like HTC and Samsung will still receive fair treatment as a budding manufacturer of the Nexus 5.
Google's statement definitely assured the other smart phone manufacturers that chances are still open for them before the final decision is made. Other companies included in the Nexus 5 partnership negotiation include Sony, Asus, Samsung and HTC.
Company executives confessed both Google and LG were surprised with the unexpected success of their collaborative work on the Nexus 4 smart phone. Incorporation of high-quality features and specifications on the Google Nexus 4 offered at an affordable price attracted the consumers.
The Nexus 4 was rapidly sold out worldwide to the point that Google and LG suffered supply issues. However, Product Manager Shaun Musgrave assured the consumers that the supply problems on the Nexus smart phones have already been resolved.
Meanwhile, reports have been suggesting for months that LG and Google may have another collaborative work on the upcoming Nexus 5 after receiving much success at the smart phone market. If the two companies indeed work together once again, the Nexus 5 smart phone is anticipated to become the next-best-thing especially when Google officially launches the latest Android version called the Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown