iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 Release Dates Set on August 2013 and Q1 2014?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | March 4, 2013 10:26 AM EST
According to AppleInsider, the new date could be August 2013 and early 2014. The Apple-centered website also reported that Chinese company Foxconn, the manufacturer behind most of Apple's products, will exclusively produce the iPhone 6 and iPhone 5S.
Very little is known about the upcoming smartphones. However, it is speculated that the cheaper iPhone will have the same specs and features like that of the iPhone 4 or 4S, with a few additions.
AppleInsider also reported that either the iPhone 6 or the iPhone 5S would land in China Mobile, the largest cellular service provider in China. Many analysts believe that Apple's growth will be severely limited until it is able to sign a deal with China Mobile, which has nearly 700 million subscribers.
Japanese blog Macotakara, which has reported accurate details surrounding unannounced Apple products in the past, claimed that the upcoming iPhone 6 and iPhone 5S prep with a 4.5 inch screen display and polycarbonate body for its 2014 release date.
According to the blog, the new iPhone will feature a polycarbonate body similar to the material used on Apple's discontinued base-model MacBook laptop. The new handset will supposedly feature a larger 4.5-inch display and will be slightly thicker than current iPhone models as well.
Apple reportedly hopes to hit a retail price point of $330, which is significantly lower than the $650 unsubsidized price of the current iPhone 5.
Apple are expected to include an improved camera in the iPhone 6 and/or iPhone 5S which is rumoured to be capable of taking "Super HD" pictures. In order to take snaps at that resolution it'll need to have at least a 13 mega-pixel camera.
The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone. Rumours suggest that the iPhone 5S could include support for the contact-less technology which can be used to pay for items in retail stores. Other features rumoured to be included in the handset is the A7 quad core chip processor, Retina or IGZO screen display among others.
However, the Cupertino-based company remained tight-lipped on the details of the upcoming smartphones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments