LG Sold 10 Million LTE Smartphones Globally
By Vijaykumar Meti | March 3, 2013 8:43 PM EST
LG Electronics Sunday announced that it had sold more than 10 million LTE-enabled smartphones globally.
"Aggressive pushing forward with 4G LTE technology allows LG satisfy the needs of consumers and is a huge factor in our growing success in global LTE smartphone sales," said Dr. Jong-seok Park, President and CEO of the LG Mobile Communications Company. "Having established ourselves as a major industry player, we will continue to expand our footprint in the global LTE market with a wider range of differentiated, high quality LTE smartphones."
It has been roughly two years since the company started selling LTE-enabled smartphones, but LG has just crossed an important milestone.
The company is aiming to double its LTE-enabled smartphone penetration this year by expanding its presence in both established and emerging markets with a variety of devices. According to Strategic Analytics, global shipments of LTE smartphones are expected to increase to 275 million units this year.
The company said, the success in expanding its presence in this segment is a result of its early entry into the LTE market and its efforts in LTE research and developments.
In 2013, LG released Optimus G LTE-enabled smartphone globally. The company also offered Optimus F series smartphones, which will deliver high-speed experience to user transitioning from 3G to 4G LTE networks globally.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan