The good news for Nexus 4 users is that the SlimBean Build 1 custom ROM carrying numerous enhancements and customised features is now available. The custom build is based on the latest Android 4.2.2.
SlimBean ROM featuring Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean has released for Nexus 4
SlimBean 4.2.2 Build 1 ROM features
Full JDQ39 (Android 4.2.2) base
Replace Clock widget with Shiny new DashClock
Added slide before unlock
Bring back long press to toggle PW
MMS: Add quick emoji to text input
Phone: Set my phone number
Added Kill App/Expanded Notification shade/Toggle expanded desktop to hardware binds
Fully configurable advanced reboot toggle
Enhanced circle battery and clock
Camera: Add software HDR Mode
Calendar: Add snooze to events
Enhance T9 and search
Settings: Add forget all networks to Wi-Fi
Notification: Limit notification sounds for interval
Camera: Add animation to mode switch
Sound: Add configurable volume adjust sounds
Notification: Add custom carrier text
Enhance electron beam control
Fixes and optimisations
Batterybar UI glitch
QuickPulldown flips notification shade
Phantom QuickSettings toggle
Colour picker issues
Recents apps panel bug
Camera not animating
Colour picker in landscape
Contacts call grouping
Alarm FC on update
Notification shortcuts spacing/tablets transitions
Choppy lockscreen on Low-mem HDPI
Lockscreen browser shortcut
Longpress NavBar Home not loading recent apps
Advanced Slim Settings
Head over to the source page to know more about bug issues.
Nexus 4 users who wish to upgrade their handsets with SlimBean Build 1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM may follow our step-by-step guide below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. The aforementioned custom ROM is compatible only with Nexus 4; flashing this on any other variant is likely to brick the device.
1) Download and instal USB Driver for Nexus 4 to the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Back up all data on the phone. If the device has a custom recovery installed, then create back-up for the same.
4) The battery of the phone should have at least 80 percent charge.
5) The Nexus 4 should be rooted and have ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed.
6) Make a Nandroid backup of the previous phone set up before proceeding.
7) The phone should be factory unlocked.
Steps to install SlimBean Build 1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Nexus 4
1) Download SlimBean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Nexus 4 to the computer
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Plug in the USB cable to the Nexus 4 to connect it with the computer. Now copy the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the phone
4) Disconnect the phone from the computer and turn it off
5) Place the phone into Bootloader Mode by turning it on while pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together
6) Follow the instructions on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY
7) In CWM Recovery, perform data wiping task first. Then navigate to 'flash zip from SD card' and press the Power button to select it. Once again press the Power button and select 'Choose zip from SD card'
8) Using the Volume buttons, browse to the Jelly Bean ROM zip file saved on the SD card. Select it by pressing the Power button and confirm installation on the next screen
9) After the ROM is installed, repeat the procedure to install the Google Apps zip
10) Once the installation process is complete, return to the main recovery menu and select 'Reboot System Now.' The device will boot now and it will take about five minutes to boot up the first time
SlimBean Build 1 custom ROM based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is now installed and running on the Nexus 4. Head over to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version of the device.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: