Facebook's Revamped Newsfeed Coming on 7 March
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 3, 2013 7:29 PM EST
Social networking giant Facebook will show off its updated Newsfeed on 7 March at its Menlo Park headquarters, said the company in its invitation sent out to various media for the event.
The high profile product launch will come nearly two months after Facebook unveiled a new search tool called 'Graph Search' in January. The Newsfeed is considered as the one of the major elements of the popular social networking site. Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg, said that Newsfeed, search and user profiles are the three "pillars" of Facebook.
According to Reuters, the company is making a constant effort to improve the mobile version of Facebook as many users access the site through mobile phones. The site on mobile phones still lacks many features. Various reports suggested that the company has been testing various mobile Facebook newsfeed app to improve the mobile version. The company has also updated the Android and iPhone versions recently to make access to the site easier.
Facebook's new 'Graph Search' tool helps users search for content and people within the social media network. The search tool is seen as a threat to search giants Google and Yelp. It helps users find information like "friends who live in my city", "photos I like" or "Indian restaurants liked by my friends in India". The company said that the Graph search is "privacy aware". This means users can maintain privacy as the content can be viewed by only people in the shared group.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide