Facebook's Revamped Newsfeed Coming on 7 March
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 3, 2013 7:29 PM EST
Social networking giant Facebook will show off its updated Newsfeed on 7 March at its Menlo Park headquarters, said the company in its invitation sent out to various media for the event.
The high profile product launch will come nearly two months after Facebook unveiled a new search tool called 'Graph Search' in January. The Newsfeed is considered as the one of the major elements of the popular social networking site. Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg, said that Newsfeed, search and user profiles are the three "pillars" of Facebook.
According to Reuters, the company is making a constant effort to improve the mobile version of Facebook as many users access the site through mobile phones. The site on mobile phones still lacks many features. Various reports suggested that the company has been testing various mobile Facebook newsfeed app to improve the mobile version. The company has also updated the Android and iPhone versions recently to make access to the site easier.
Facebook's new 'Graph Search' tool helps users search for content and people within the social media network. The search tool is seen as a threat to search giants Google and Yelp. It helps users find information like "friends who live in my city", "photos I like" or "Indian restaurants liked by my friends in India". The company said that the Graph search is "privacy aware". This means users can maintain privacy as the content can be viewed by only people in the shared group.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports
- Iphone 6 Release Date Fast -Approaching, Reuse and Recycle Program Now in Australia