Facebook's Revamped Newsfeed Coming on 7 March
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 3, 2013 7:29 PM EST
Social networking giant Facebook will show off its updated Newsfeed on 7 March at its Menlo Park headquarters, said the company in its invitation sent out to various media for the event.
The high profile product launch will come nearly two months after Facebook unveiled a new search tool called 'Graph Search' in January. The Newsfeed is considered as the one of the major elements of the popular social networking site. Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg, said that Newsfeed, search and user profiles are the three "pillars" of Facebook.
According to Reuters, the company is making a constant effort to improve the mobile version of Facebook as many users access the site through mobile phones. The site on mobile phones still lacks many features. Various reports suggested that the company has been testing various mobile Facebook newsfeed app to improve the mobile version. The company has also updated the Android and iPhone versions recently to make access to the site easier.
Facebook's new 'Graph Search' tool helps users search for content and people within the social media network. The search tool is seen as a threat to search giants Google and Yelp. It helps users find information like "friends who live in my city", "photos I like" or "Indian restaurants liked by my friends in India". The company said that the Graph search is "privacy aware". This means users can maintain privacy as the content can be viewed by only people in the shared group.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate