Facebook's Revamped Newsfeed Coming on 7 March
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | March 3, 2013 7:29 PM EST
Social networking giant Facebook will show off its updated Newsfeed on 7 March at its Menlo Park headquarters, said the company in its invitation sent out to various media for the event.
The high profile product launch will come nearly two months after Facebook unveiled a new search tool called 'Graph Search' in January. The Newsfeed is considered as the one of the major elements of the popular social networking site. Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg, said that Newsfeed, search and user profiles are the three "pillars" of Facebook.
According to Reuters, the company is making a constant effort to improve the mobile version of Facebook as many users access the site through mobile phones. The site on mobile phones still lacks many features. Various reports suggested that the company has been testing various mobile Facebook newsfeed app to improve the mobile version. The company has also updated the Android and iPhone versions recently to make access to the site easier.
Facebook's new 'Graph Search' tool helps users search for content and people within the social media network. The search tool is seen as a threat to search giants Google and Yelp. It helps users find information like "friends who live in my city", "photos I like" or "Indian restaurants liked by my friends in India". The company said that the Graph search is "privacy aware". This means users can maintain privacy as the content can be viewed by only people in the shared group.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]