Chrysler February 2013 US Sales: Dodge Sees Biggest Jump Since 2007 With Revived Dart Sales Highest Since Recent Debut; Jeep Cherokee Down 26 Percent
By Angelo Young | March 2, 2013 12:32 AM EST
Chrysler LLC, a subsidiary of Italian company Fiat SpA (Milan:F) said Friday it sold 139,015 vehicles in the U.S. in February, a 4 percent year-over-year increase, led by robust sales of the Dodge marque that saw the biggest jump for that month in six years.
“In spite of a cautious ramp up of some of our most popular products which limited inventory last month, we still managed to record our strongest February sales in five years and our 35th-consecutive month of year-over-year sales growth,” said Reid Bigland, head of U.S. sales for the Auburn Hills, Mich.-based maker of the popular Ram Truck.
Top-selling Chrysler models for February include the recently resurrected Dodge Dart, which saw an 8 percent rise in month-over-month sale and the highest since the model’s June 2012 debut. The Challenger muscle car saw an all-time monthly sales record of 34 percent, or 4,911 units. Charger sales rose 41 percent year-over-year to 10,301 units.
The company’s most popular vehicle, the Ram pickup, rose 3 percent to 23,289 units. However, overall truck sales declined 8 percent.
Losers for the month include the Chrysler 300 luxury sedan, whose sales fell 35 percent; the Town & Country minivan, which saw a 10 percent drop; the Jeep Caravan with an 18 percent retreat; and the Jeep Grand Cherokee, down 26 percent.
Winners: the Chrysler 200 entry-level luxury sedan (up 18%), the Jeep Patriot (up 24 percent), the Dodge Journey minivan (up 21 percent).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones