Chrysler February 2013 US Sales: Dodge Sees Biggest Jump Since 2007 With Revived Dart Sales Highest Since Recent Debut; Jeep Cherokee Down 26 Percent
By Angelo Young | March 2, 2013 12:32 AM EST
Chrysler LLC, a subsidiary of Italian company Fiat SpA (Milan:F) said Friday it sold 139,015 vehicles in the U.S. in February, a 4 percent year-over-year increase, led by robust sales of the Dodge marque that saw the biggest jump for that month in six years.
“In spite of a cautious ramp up of some of our most popular products which limited inventory last month, we still managed to record our strongest February sales in five years and our 35th-consecutive month of year-over-year sales growth,” said Reid Bigland, head of U.S. sales for the Auburn Hills, Mich.-based maker of the popular Ram Truck.
Top-selling Chrysler models for February include the recently resurrected Dodge Dart, which saw an 8 percent rise in month-over-month sale and the highest since the model’s June 2012 debut. The Challenger muscle car saw an all-time monthly sales record of 34 percent, or 4,911 units. Charger sales rose 41 percent year-over-year to 10,301 units.
The company’s most popular vehicle, the Ram pickup, rose 3 percent to 23,289 units. However, overall truck sales declined 8 percent.
Losers for the month include the Chrysler 300 luxury sedan, whose sales fell 35 percent; the Town & Country minivan, which saw a 10 percent drop; the Jeep Caravan with an 18 percent retreat; and the Jeep Grand Cherokee, down 26 percent.
Winners: the Chrysler 200 entry-level luxury sedan (up 18%), the Jeep Patriot (up 24 percent), the Dodge Journey minivan (up 21 percent).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- All-New Mazda2 to Roll Out in Australia This Summer
- Much-Awaited Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition in Australia
- 75 Dead from China Car Parts Plant Blast, Poor Safety Measures Blamed
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown