Chrysler February 2013 US Sales: Dodge Sees Biggest Jump Since 2007 With Revived Dart Sales Highest Since Recent Debut; Jeep Cherokee Down 26 Percent
By Angelo Young | March 2, 2013 12:32 AM EST
Chrysler LLC, a subsidiary of Italian company Fiat SpA (Milan:F) said Friday it sold 139,015 vehicles in the U.S. in February, a 4 percent year-over-year increase, led by robust sales of the Dodge marque that saw the biggest jump for that month in six years.
“In spite of a cautious ramp up of some of our most popular products which limited inventory last month, we still managed to record our strongest February sales in five years and our 35th-consecutive month of year-over-year sales growth,” said Reid Bigland, head of U.S. sales for the Auburn Hills, Mich.-based maker of the popular Ram Truck.
Top-selling Chrysler models for February include the recently resurrected Dodge Dart, which saw an 8 percent rise in month-over-month sale and the highest since the model’s June 2012 debut. The Challenger muscle car saw an all-time monthly sales record of 34 percent, or 4,911 units. Charger sales rose 41 percent year-over-year to 10,301 units.
The company’s most popular vehicle, the Ram pickup, rose 3 percent to 23,289 units. However, overall truck sales declined 8 percent.
Losers for the month include the Chrysler 300 luxury sedan, whose sales fell 35 percent; the Town & Country minivan, which saw a 10 percent drop; the Jeep Caravan with an 18 percent retreat; and the Jeep Grand Cherokee, down 26 percent.
Winners: the Chrysler 200 entry-level luxury sedan (up 18%), the Jeep Patriot (up 24 percent), the Dodge Journey minivan (up 21 percent).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- All-New Mazda2 to Roll Out in Australia This Summer
- Much-Awaited Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition in Australia
- 75 Dead from China Car Parts Plant Blast, Poor Safety Measures Blamed
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge