‘Vishwaroopam’ Box Office Collection: Kamal Haasan to Get House Back after Making Enough Revenue
By IB Times Staff Reporter | March 2, 2013 12:18 AM EST
Kamal Haasan's recently released film "Vishwaroopam" has hopefully solved most of his financial issues after it reportedly hit the ₹200 crore mark at the box office.
According to reports, Haasan has almost got the house he mortgaged to raise funds for the film.
The spy thriller film, made on a budget of ₹95 crore, is Haasan's most expensive film he ever released. The actor was said to have mortgaged his property in Chennai to a private moneylender to make "Vishwaroopam". It is only recently that the actor managed to repay the loans he had taken for the film.
"In order to pay the moneylender, I have re- mortgaged my house. But this time with a nationalized bank and the payment terms are standard and fairly easy there. With the film garnering enough revenue, I hope to get back the house soon," Haasan told The Times of India.
"Although I am yet to see any of the money, I am happy with the response of the film, especially after the amount of stress we all went through before its release. I was glad when people made it into an issue that affected them rather than viewing it as a film embroiled in a controversy. It became everybody's issue after a certain point," he added.
According to recent reports, the film has created a history after touching the ₹200 mark at box offices. The lead actress of the film, Pooja Kumar, confirmed the news that the film made over ₹200 crore worldwide.
However, there is no official confirmation from Haasan or the production team of the film on the report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar