‘Vishwaroopam’ Box Office Collection: Kamal Haasan to Get House Back after Making Enough Revenue
By IB Times Staff Reporter | March 2, 2013 12:18 AM EST
Kamal Haasan's recently released film "Vishwaroopam" has hopefully solved most of his financial issues after it reportedly hit the ₹200 crore mark at the box office.
According to reports, Haasan has almost got the house he mortgaged to raise funds for the film.
The spy thriller film, made on a budget of ₹95 crore, is Haasan's most expensive film he ever released. The actor was said to have mortgaged his property in Chennai to a private moneylender to make "Vishwaroopam". It is only recently that the actor managed to repay the loans he had taken for the film.
"In order to pay the moneylender, I have re- mortgaged my house. But this time with a nationalized bank and the payment terms are standard and fairly easy there. With the film garnering enough revenue, I hope to get back the house soon," Haasan told The Times of India.
"Although I am yet to see any of the money, I am happy with the response of the film, especially after the amount of stress we all went through before its release. I was glad when people made it into an issue that affected them rather than viewing it as a film embroiled in a controversy. It became everybody's issue after a certain point," he added.
According to recent reports, the film has created a history after touching the ₹200 mark at box offices. The lead actress of the film, Pooja Kumar, confirmed the news that the film made over ₹200 crore worldwide.
However, there is no official confirmation from Haasan or the production team of the film on the report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June