‘Vishwaroopam’ Box Office Collection: Kamal Haasan to Get House Back after Making Enough Revenue
By IB Times Staff Reporter | March 2, 2013 12:18 AM EST
Kamal Haasan's recently released film "Vishwaroopam" has hopefully solved most of his financial issues after it reportedly hit the ₹200 crore mark at the box office.
According to reports, Haasan has almost got the house he mortgaged to raise funds for the film.
The spy thriller film, made on a budget of ₹95 crore, is Haasan's most expensive film he ever released. The actor was said to have mortgaged his property in Chennai to a private moneylender to make "Vishwaroopam". It is only recently that the actor managed to repay the loans he had taken for the film.
"In order to pay the moneylender, I have re- mortgaged my house. But this time with a nationalized bank and the payment terms are standard and fairly easy there. With the film garnering enough revenue, I hope to get back the house soon," Haasan told The Times of India.
"Although I am yet to see any of the money, I am happy with the response of the film, especially after the amount of stress we all went through before its release. I was glad when people made it into an issue that affected them rather than viewing it as a film embroiled in a controversy. It became everybody's issue after a certain point," he added.
According to recent reports, the film has created a history after touching the ₹200 mark at box offices. The lead actress of the film, Pooja Kumar, confirmed the news that the film made over ₹200 crore worldwide.
However, there is no official confirmation from Haasan or the production team of the film on the report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan