‘Vishwaroopam’ Box Office Collection: Kamal Haasan to Get House Back after Making Enough Revenue
By IB Times Staff Reporter | March 2, 2013 12:18 AM EST
Kamal Haasan's recently released film "Vishwaroopam" has hopefully solved most of his financial issues after it reportedly hit the ₹200 crore mark at the box office.
According to reports, Haasan has almost got the house he mortgaged to raise funds for the film.
The spy thriller film, made on a budget of ₹95 crore, is Haasan's most expensive film he ever released. The actor was said to have mortgaged his property in Chennai to a private moneylender to make "Vishwaroopam". It is only recently that the actor managed to repay the loans he had taken for the film.
"In order to pay the moneylender, I have re- mortgaged my house. But this time with a nationalized bank and the payment terms are standard and fairly easy there. With the film garnering enough revenue, I hope to get back the house soon," Haasan told The Times of India.
"Although I am yet to see any of the money, I am happy with the response of the film, especially after the amount of stress we all went through before its release. I was glad when people made it into an issue that affected them rather than viewing it as a film embroiled in a controversy. It became everybody's issue after a certain point," he added.
According to recent reports, the film has created a history after touching the ₹200 mark at box offices. The lead actress of the film, Pooja Kumar, confirmed the news that the film made over ₹200 crore worldwide.
However, there is no official confirmation from Haasan or the production team of the film on the report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1