‘Vishwaroopam’ Box Office Collection: Kamal Haasan to Get House Back after Making Enough Revenue
By IB Times Staff Reporter | March 2, 2013 12:18 AM EST
Kamal Haasan's recently released film "Vishwaroopam" has hopefully solved most of his financial issues after it reportedly hit the ₹200 crore mark at the box office.
According to reports, Haasan has almost got the house he mortgaged to raise funds for the film.
The spy thriller film, made on a budget of ₹95 crore, is Haasan's most expensive film he ever released. The actor was said to have mortgaged his property in Chennai to a private moneylender to make "Vishwaroopam". It is only recently that the actor managed to repay the loans he had taken for the film.
"In order to pay the moneylender, I have re- mortgaged my house. But this time with a nationalized bank and the payment terms are standard and fairly easy there. With the film garnering enough revenue, I hope to get back the house soon," Haasan told The Times of India.
"Although I am yet to see any of the money, I am happy with the response of the film, especially after the amount of stress we all went through before its release. I was glad when people made it into an issue that affected them rather than viewing it as a film embroiled in a controversy. It became everybody's issue after a certain point," he added.
According to recent reports, the film has created a history after touching the ₹200 mark at box offices. The lead actress of the film, Pooja Kumar, confirmed the news that the film made over ₹200 crore worldwide.
However, there is no official confirmation from Haasan or the production team of the film on the report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?