How I Met Your Mother Season 8: Guess the Jayma Mays' 'Mother' Connection
By Arlene Paredes | March 1, 2013 4:42 PM EST
How I Met Your Mother Season 8 meets another runaway bride, except this time, the bride character is from another sitcom. Jayma Mays, who played "Coat Check Girl" way back in Season 1, is returning to the CBS series. This happens while her return as OC bride Emma in "Glee 4" is sparking a lot of speculations. But why bring the coat check girl back - is there a mother connection here?
HIMYM welcomes back Jayma Mays
How I Met Your Mother takes a short break after Monday's episode called, "Weekend at Barney's." It is one of the weaker episodes this season, but it's a good one mainly for marking the end of the Ted Mosby - Jeanette madness.
When HIMYM returns on Mar. 18, Glee star Jayma Mays will reprise her role as the coat check girl from the "exclusive club" episode back in October 2005. (Yes, it has been that long.) The gang will be doing some sort of time traveling in this episode, according to teasers. But what is so important about the coat check girl, when Ted has already told his kids she is not the mother?
How I Met Your Mother Time Travel: Guessing the Jayma Mays - Mother Connection
In the "Okay Awesome" episode where Jayma Mays first appeared, Ted and the gang find themselves in a club that Robin recommended. Ted later dances with a hot blonde girl who couldn't hear him through the party music. He then says stuff like, "I'm from outer space!" And then the loud music stops just when Ted was mess-yelling, "I'm wetting my pants!" The hot blonde girl leaves, Ted realizes clubs aren't awesome and he had to get out.
Coat check girl later tells Ted that the "fun" things people often talk about aren't usually fun. Marshall senses a connection between the two but future Ted tells the kids the mother wasn't Mays' character. Barney wants Ted to forget all about this night because he dirty danced with his cousin. But Ted concludes here the only way for him to have someone is to spend crazy nights with Barney. What happens when Mays returns?
Could Mays be playing the role of a friend of the mother - someone who could put in a good word for nice guy Ted Mosby? Or is her return a mere tribute to celebrities who have graced the show (i.e. Kyle MacLachlan as The Captain)?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks