Giving a sign hope for Samsung Galaxy S3 phone owners with the Jelly Bean taste, SamMobile announced a latest 4.2.1 firmware of the Android OS with a build number of I9300XXUFMB3. It is a confirmed test coined from one of the XDA developers forum member Saturn who gave out the dumped files from his device.
In December 2012, an international version of the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update was released. Samsung also added a Premium Suite which included additional new features with the option to have the stand-out Multi-Window, a feature first seen on Galaxy Note 2 of running two different applications at the same time on a single screen.
A Verizon firmware version leaked earlier this month February 2013 but lacked the Premium Suite feature from Samsung and was dated back to January 2013. U.S. owners of Galaxy S3 who are worried when Jelly Bean will reach their devices have the option of trying the Jelly Bean from SamMobile.
Samsung will release the official Android 4.2.1 update for Galaxy S3 after the launch of Galaxy S4. For those who cannot wait any longer, try this custom ROM to feel the Jelly Bean grove.
I9300XXUFMB3 Firmware new enhancements:
Android 4.2.1 - JOP40D
Improved Ripple Effect on the Lock screen
Lock screen with Widgets from the new Android 4.2.1
New additions for the Notification Center
New various parts of the phone controlled by Voice Command
Warning: This is a custom ROM and flashing it is at your own risk. The firmware has been repackaged into an ODIN flashable firmware and it will increase the binary counter. It will also change the device status to modified; it does not contain any Modem so the old Modem before the flash will remain. The firmware is a Pre-release version and is not officially from Samsung Kies, expect minor bugs to come out.
The firmware has been fully tested and works perfectly as with any other official firmware.
1. Make sure the device is rooted.
2. Backup all files, contacts, and SMS of the device.
3. You will need ODIN and a computer to perform the flash.
4. Don't forget to download the custom ROM. Click here to download the file.
1. Unzip the downloaded file.
2. Open ODIN 3.04 which is already included in the firmware package
3. Restart the device to download mode. Press and hold Home, Power, and Volume down keys simultaneously.
4. Connect the phone to the computer using a USB cable and wait till the ODIN gives a blue sign.
5. Add the I9300XXUFMB3_I900OJKFMB3_Home.tar.md5 to the PDA.
6. Make sure the re-partition is NOT ticked.
7. Press Start to flash and wait for a few minutes.
8. For any encounter of bootloop or similar problems, boot into the Recovery mode. Press Home, power, and volume up simultaneously.
9. Select the Wipe/factory reset. The process will delete everything inside the internal storage.