Many Pacquiao News: Floyd Mayweather 'Ducked' Fight With Pac-Man, According To 50 Cent
March 1, 2013 9:09 AM EST
The boxing world has been clamoring to see Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather fight each other for years, but at this point, the bout may never happen.
Rapper and now boxing promoter 50 Cent has been close friends with Mayweather for a long time, and he went on ESPN’s “First Take” to discuss his involvement in the sport. During the show, Skip Bayless asked 50 Cent if Mayweather had been “ducking” a matchup with Pacquiao.
“Yes. He did duck the fight. That’s $100 million and he just left it,” responded 50 Cent.
The rapper said Mayweather wasn’t afraid to lose to Pacquiao. He was more concerned about how much his opponent would be getting paid.
“I think he concentrates on how much someone else is getting paid as opposed to how much he’s getting paid and then I think he kind of sees himself in a space that no one else sees himself in, like he’s so high on top of it that he shouldn’t give some of other great fighters a chance to be in that position at this point.”
During negations between both camps, there had been disputes about how much revenue each boxer would recoup from the fight. According to Pacquiao, Mayweather didn’t want his opponent to get any of the money generated from the fight.
“He offered me $40 million, and no pay-per-view [money],” Pacquiao said told Yahoo Sports in 2012. “No pay-per-view. Can you believe that? Would you do that? Come on. What would he say if I offered him $50 million – not $40 million, $50 million – and said ‘No pay-per-view. Take this money and be happy, but no pay-per-view.’ He wouldn’t do it, either.”
Mayweather is scheduled to fight Robert Guerrero in May 4. Pacauio’s next bout isn’t scheduled, but he may have another rematch with Juan Manuel Marquez.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation