United Striker's Agent Says Time Not Right for Real Madrid Move
By Adrian Back | March 1, 2013 5:53 AM EST
Reports had emerged suggesting that the Spanish giants would be looking to find a more prolific finisher after a poor season from both Gonzalo Higuain and Karim Benzema, with neither forward reaching double figures in the league.
This had led to suggestions that Hernandez could be the man to fire Real Madrid back to competing for the league title but these suggestions have been quashed by the agent of the Manchester United forward.
"Javier is thinking about his season in United. We are both not thinking about the market rumours," Eduardo Hernandez told ESPN Radio, as reported in the Express.
"It's true that in Manchester there is a lot of competition but the boy has always played in a good way. For this reason I think that this isn't the right moment to leave."
Chicharito has found it difficult to secure a regular place in the United first team due to the superb performances of Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie. With Danny Welbeck also pushing for a place in the starting XI, the 24-year-old has often found himself on the bench.
However, Hernandez has excelled when called upon and has scored eight league goals and 15 in all competitions to further demonstrate how lethal he can be in front of goal.
The striker is in his third season with Manchester United and is fast closing in on reaching 50 goals in all competitions, an impressive statistic considering the competition he faces for a place in the first team at Old Trafford.
Hernandez may well have a chance to further his impressive record against Real Madrid when the two sides meet in the second leg of the last-16 Champions League tie that is in the balance after a 1-1 draw in Spaiin.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People