Tottenham And Arsenal French Defender Target Hints At Move
By Vanessa Keller | March 1, 2013 2:42 AM EST
Tottenham and Arsenal target Sebastien Corchia has admitted that he would fancy a move to a big club, with the defender going from strength to strength with Sochaux.
Corchia has featured for the Ligue 1 side 23 times this season, after making the move to the club in 2011.
Both Spurs and their cross-town rivals have reportedly been keeping checks on Corchia's progress, as well as Bayern Munich, and the 22-year-old says he is flattered by interest from some of Europe's biggest clubs.
"I am happy when I am being mentioned with prestigious clubs home and abroad," he said, according to Sky Sports.
"I am working hard to reach the top level and play in a bigger club than Sochaux, it is everyone's ambition to move to a big club.
"I am a big fan of the two leagues [England and Germany], they are the best two leagues at the moment.
"At the end of the season, I will sit down with the club and see the next step."
For Arsenal, and Arsene Wenger in particular, this summer could be a defining one for Arsene Wenger, with the Frenchman under fire for continued disappointing results in both the Premier League and Champions League.
Defensively, the Gunners have had ongoing issues with injuries and a lack of depth, and Corchia could provide much-needed backing for Wenger's side as they look to end their trophyless run next summer.
In the case of Tottenham, Andre Villas-Boas is continuing to put his stamp on the side after taking over last summer. The squad has almost completely been overhauled since Harry Redknapp's departure, and Daniel Levy is looking for further reinforcements as he aims to turn Tottenham into a title-challenging side.
The question for Corchia could come down to which side makes Champions League football next season, with Tottenham currently in third place, but only four points ahead of fifth-placed Arsenal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners