Tottenham And Arsenal French Defender Target Hints At Move
By Vanessa Keller | March 1, 2013 2:42 AM EST
Tottenham and Arsenal target Sebastien Corchia has admitted that he would fancy a move to a big club, with the defender going from strength to strength with Sochaux.
Corchia has featured for the Ligue 1 side 23 times this season, after making the move to the club in 2011.
Both Spurs and their cross-town rivals have reportedly been keeping checks on Corchia's progress, as well as Bayern Munich, and the 22-year-old says he is flattered by interest from some of Europe's biggest clubs.
"I am happy when I am being mentioned with prestigious clubs home and abroad," he said, according to Sky Sports.
"I am working hard to reach the top level and play in a bigger club than Sochaux, it is everyone's ambition to move to a big club.
"I am a big fan of the two leagues [England and Germany], they are the best two leagues at the moment.
"At the end of the season, I will sit down with the club and see the next step."
For Arsenal, and Arsene Wenger in particular, this summer could be a defining one for Arsene Wenger, with the Frenchman under fire for continued disappointing results in both the Premier League and Champions League.
Defensively, the Gunners have had ongoing issues with injuries and a lack of depth, and Corchia could provide much-needed backing for Wenger's side as they look to end their trophyless run next summer.
In the case of Tottenham, Andre Villas-Boas is continuing to put his stamp on the side after taking over last summer. The squad has almost completely been overhauled since Harry Redknapp's departure, and Daniel Levy is looking for further reinforcements as he aims to turn Tottenham into a title-challenging side.
The question for Corchia could come down to which side makes Champions League football next season, with Tottenham currently in third place, but only four points ahead of fifth-placed Arsenal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate