Tottenham And Arsenal French Defender Target Hints At Move
By Vanessa Keller | March 1, 2013 2:42 AM EST
Tottenham and Arsenal target Sebastien Corchia has admitted that he would fancy a move to a big club, with the defender going from strength to strength with Sochaux.
Corchia has featured for the Ligue 1 side 23 times this season, after making the move to the club in 2011.
Both Spurs and their cross-town rivals have reportedly been keeping checks on Corchia's progress, as well as Bayern Munich, and the 22-year-old says he is flattered by interest from some of Europe's biggest clubs.
"I am happy when I am being mentioned with prestigious clubs home and abroad," he said, according to Sky Sports.
"I am working hard to reach the top level and play in a bigger club than Sochaux, it is everyone's ambition to move to a big club.
"I am a big fan of the two leagues [England and Germany], they are the best two leagues at the moment.
"At the end of the season, I will sit down with the club and see the next step."
For Arsenal, and Arsene Wenger in particular, this summer could be a defining one for Arsene Wenger, with the Frenchman under fire for continued disappointing results in both the Premier League and Champions League.
Defensively, the Gunners have had ongoing issues with injuries and a lack of depth, and Corchia could provide much-needed backing for Wenger's side as they look to end their trophyless run next summer.
In the case of Tottenham, Andre Villas-Boas is continuing to put his stamp on the side after taking over last summer. The squad has almost completely been overhauled since Harry Redknapp's departure, and Daniel Levy is looking for further reinforcements as he aims to turn Tottenham into a title-challenging side.
The question for Corchia could come down to which side makes Champions League football next season, with Tottenham currently in third place, but only four points ahead of fifth-placed Arsenal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown