Tottenham And Arsenal French Defender Target Hints At Move
By Vanessa Keller | March 1, 2013 2:42 AM EST
Tottenham and Arsenal target Sebastien Corchia has admitted that he would fancy a move to a big club, with the defender going from strength to strength with Sochaux.
Corchia has featured for the Ligue 1 side 23 times this season, after making the move to the club in 2011.
Both Spurs and their cross-town rivals have reportedly been keeping checks on Corchia's progress, as well as Bayern Munich, and the 22-year-old says he is flattered by interest from some of Europe's biggest clubs.
"I am happy when I am being mentioned with prestigious clubs home and abroad," he said, according to Sky Sports.
"I am working hard to reach the top level and play in a bigger club than Sochaux, it is everyone's ambition to move to a big club.
"I am a big fan of the two leagues [England and Germany], they are the best two leagues at the moment.
"At the end of the season, I will sit down with the club and see the next step."
For Arsenal, and Arsene Wenger in particular, this summer could be a defining one for Arsene Wenger, with the Frenchman under fire for continued disappointing results in both the Premier League and Champions League.
Defensively, the Gunners have had ongoing issues with injuries and a lack of depth, and Corchia could provide much-needed backing for Wenger's side as they look to end their trophyless run next summer.
In the case of Tottenham, Andre Villas-Boas is continuing to put his stamp on the side after taking over last summer. The squad has almost completely been overhauled since Harry Redknapp's departure, and Daniel Levy is looking for further reinforcements as he aims to turn Tottenham into a title-challenging side.
The question for Corchia could come down to which side makes Champions League football next season, with Tottenham currently in third place, but only four points ahead of fifth-placed Arsenal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown