AOL picks Susan Lyne to head up its brands, including TechCrunch
March 1, 2013 1:35 AM EST
AOL Inc appointed board director Susan Lyne on Thursday to head up its portfolio of brands, including TechCrunch and Mapquest.
Lyne, who is vice chairman of the online clothing flash sale site Guilt.com, will leave her position on the AOL board to oversee advertising and publisher relationships and to grow traffic as the Brand Group CEO.
Arianna Huffington, whose Huffington Post website falls under the Brand Group, will continue to report to AOL Chief Executive Tim Armstrong.
A well known media executive, Lyne was the former chief executive of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and president of ABC Entertainment. AOL plans to fill her spot on the board after she steps down, a spokeswoman said.
In a statement, AOL said its Chief Operating Officer Arthur Minson, who is responsible for all AOL's business units - the Brand Group, AOL Networks and Membership Group - "will stay with the company for a transition period."
An AOL spokeswoman declined to say if or when Minson was leaving the company.
"I have decided to stay and continue to work closely with Tim during this transition period," Minson said in a statement.
AOL has tapped its board members for key executive roles before. Karen Dykstra was appointed Chief Financial Officer last year after serving on the AOL board from 2009 until 2012.
(Reporting by Jennifer Saba in New York; Editing by Bernadette Baum)
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes