AOL picks Susan Lyne to head up its brands, including TechCrunch
March 1, 2013 1:35 AM EST
AOL Inc appointed board director Susan Lyne on Thursday to head up its portfolio of brands, including TechCrunch and Mapquest.
Lyne, who is vice chairman of the online clothing flash sale site Guilt.com, will leave her position on the AOL board to oversee advertising and publisher relationships and to grow traffic as the Brand Group CEO.
Arianna Huffington, whose Huffington Post website falls under the Brand Group, will continue to report to AOL Chief Executive Tim Armstrong.
A well known media executive, Lyne was the former chief executive of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and president of ABC Entertainment. AOL plans to fill her spot on the board after she steps down, a spokeswoman said.
In a statement, AOL said its Chief Operating Officer Arthur Minson, who is responsible for all AOL's business units - the Brand Group, AOL Networks and Membership Group - "will stay with the company for a transition period."
An AOL spokeswoman declined to say if or when Minson was leaving the company.
"I have decided to stay and continue to work closely with Tim during this transition period," Minson said in a statement.
AOL has tapped its board members for key executive roles before. Karen Dykstra was appointed Chief Financial Officer last year after serving on the AOL board from 2009 until 2012.
(Reporting by Jennifer Saba in New York; Editing by Bernadette Baum)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase