Delhi Gang-Rape Case: Minor Accused Charged with Rape, Murder
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 28, 2013 10:57 PM EST
The Juvenile Justice Board has indicted the gang-rape and murder charges against the youngest accused in the Delhi gang-rape case.
Considering the prima facie evidence against the minor, who was believed to have inflicted maximum cruelty on the Delhi gangarape victim, Principal Magistrate Geetanjali Goel has given the order to frame various charges on the juvenile which includes gang-rape, murder, kidnapping, unnatural offences, attempt to murder, dacoity, destruction of evidence and conspiracy, reported The Indian Express.
The Delhi-based physiotherapy student was gang-raped in a moving bus on 16 December when she along with a male friend were returning home after watching a movie. The girl was repeatedly raped and assaulted by six men before being dumped on the road. She was initially taken to Safdarjung hospital and then shifted to a Singapore facility where she breathed her last. The brutality of the incident has spawned protests across the country.
The victim's family has demanded death sentence for all the accused. The youngest accused who is a juvenile has been tried under the juvenile law. Various organizations and committees have demanded the age of juveniles to be lowered under the Juvenile Justice Act. On Thursday, Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath informed the Rajya Sabha that the government is not ready to lower the age of accused in crime cases.
Expressing anger over the minor's brutality, the victim's father said, "Sazaa kisi sey kam nahin honaa chahiye, chahey woh juvenile hai ya kuchh bhi hai (the punishment should not be less even if he is a juvenile)," reported The Times of India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Centerplate CEO Des Hague Caught Abusing Dog In Vancouver Building Elevator [VIDEO]
- ISIS Video of Slain Syrian Soldiers Raises Doubts; Syrian Gov't Demands Release of Captured Troops
- The Most Insane Facts About The American Civil War That You May Not Know
- Viral Video Kevin Droniak Grandma: Teenager Shows Grandma Their Videos Together, Grandma Gives Priceless Reaction
- Major Highlights On 1400 Minor’s Sex Assault
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Better Market Your Uranium Someplace Else, Japan Appetite No Longer Huge as Before – Former PM Tells Australia Queensland Premier Campbell Newman