Delhi Gang-Rape Case: Minor Accused Charged with Rape, Murder
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 28, 2013 10:57 PM EST
The Juvenile Justice Board has indicted the gang-rape and murder charges against the youngest accused in the Delhi gang-rape case.
Considering the prima facie evidence against the minor, who was believed to have inflicted maximum cruelty on the Delhi gangarape victim, Principal Magistrate Geetanjali Goel has given the order to frame various charges on the juvenile which includes gang-rape, murder, kidnapping, unnatural offences, attempt to murder, dacoity, destruction of evidence and conspiracy, reported The Indian Express.
The Delhi-based physiotherapy student was gang-raped in a moving bus on 16 December when she along with a male friend were returning home after watching a movie. The girl was repeatedly raped and assaulted by six men before being dumped on the road. She was initially taken to Safdarjung hospital and then shifted to a Singapore facility where she breathed her last. The brutality of the incident has spawned protests across the country.
The victim's family has demanded death sentence for all the accused. The youngest accused who is a juvenile has been tried under the juvenile law. Various organizations and committees have demanded the age of juveniles to be lowered under the Juvenile Justice Act. On Thursday, Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath informed the Rajya Sabha that the government is not ready to lower the age of accused in crime cases.
Expressing anger over the minor's brutality, the victim's father said, "Sazaa kisi sey kam nahin honaa chahiye, chahey woh juvenile hai ya kuchh bhi hai (the punishment should not be less even if he is a juvenile)," reported The Times of India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy