Delhi Gang-Rape Case: Minor Accused Charged with Rape, Murder
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 28, 2013 10:57 PM EST
The Juvenile Justice Board has indicted the gang-rape and murder charges against the youngest accused in the Delhi gang-rape case.
Considering the prima facie evidence against the minor, who was believed to have inflicted maximum cruelty on the Delhi gangarape victim, Principal Magistrate Geetanjali Goel has given the order to frame various charges on the juvenile which includes gang-rape, murder, kidnapping, unnatural offences, attempt to murder, dacoity, destruction of evidence and conspiracy, reported The Indian Express.
The Delhi-based physiotherapy student was gang-raped in a moving bus on 16 December when she along with a male friend were returning home after watching a movie. The girl was repeatedly raped and assaulted by six men before being dumped on the road. She was initially taken to Safdarjung hospital and then shifted to a Singapore facility where she breathed her last. The brutality of the incident has spawned protests across the country.
The victim's family has demanded death sentence for all the accused. The youngest accused who is a juvenile has been tried under the juvenile law. Various organizations and committees have demanded the age of juveniles to be lowered under the Juvenile Justice Act. On Thursday, Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath informed the Rajya Sabha that the government is not ready to lower the age of accused in crime cases.
Expressing anger over the minor's brutality, the victim's father said, "Sazaa kisi sey kam nahin honaa chahiye, chahey woh juvenile hai ya kuchh bhi hai (the punishment should not be less even if he is a juvenile)," reported The Times of India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- New Zealand Drafts IWC Resolution to Stop Japanese Whalers from Hunting in 2015
- Pacific Islands Forum Delegates Appeal for Changes to Climate Policies, Better Marine Life Protection
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools