‘Kai Po Che!’ Box Office Collection: Abhishek Kapoor's Directorial Earns ₹27 Crore in Six Days
By Ankita Mehta | February 28, 2013 10:48 PM EST
"Kai Po Che!" directed by Abhishek Kapoor has raked in high collections during the weekdays at theatres across the country.
The youth-oriented film, starring Sushant Singh, Amit Sadh and Raj Kumar Yadav, has maintained a rock-steady pace at collection centres after earning approximately ₹9 crore during the weekdays.
The total earning of the film after six days at the domestic box office stand at ₹27 crore.
"#KaiPoChe Wknd 18.10 cr, Mon 3.25 cr, Tue 2.95 cr, Wed 2.70 cr. Total: ₹27 cr. Rock-steady on weekdays!" trade analyst and film critic Taran adarsh tweeted.
The first week breakup of the film is:
Friday: ₹4.5 crore
Saturday: ₹6.25 crore
Sunday: ₹7.35 crore
Monday: ₹3.25 crore
Tuesday: ₹2.95 crore
Wednesday: ₹2.70 crore
The business has declined slightly in India due to reduced ticket rates, but is still high at multiplexes in cities like Mumbai and Mysore.
Looking at the weekdays collection, the film is expected to cross the ₹30 crore mark in India in its first week.
After Karan Johar's "Student of the Year", Abhishek Kapoor directorial movie "Kai Po Che!" will be the biggest grosser film featuring newcomers.
"Student of the Year", starring Siddharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan, in the lead roles grossed approximately ₹48 crore at box offices in India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Dec. 29 – Jan. 2 Spoilers: Nick Discovers Gabriel’s Real Identity And Adam ‘Makes A Move On’ Chelsea
- Miley Cyrus Bares Breasts On Instagram For #FreeTheNipple Campaign
- One Direction Hacked Emails Could Cause ‘Embarrassment And Turmoil’ For The Group
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Dec 29 – Jan 2 Spoilers: Secrets Get Revealed As Salem City Celebrates New Year’s Eve
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Flaunts Baby Bump In Church And Breaks Christmas Tradition