Install Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 4 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Nexus I9250 [GUIDE]
By Vinod Yalburgi | February 28, 2013 8:21 PM EST
Galaxy Nexus I9250 joins the long list of privileged Android devices (including Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, HTC One XL, Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105, Galaxy S2 I9100 and Galaxy S2 I9100G) to receive the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware via newly released Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) Build 4 ROM.
The new AOKP firmware features all previous patches and upgrades taken directly out of the original Android Open Source Project (AOSP) release. Though the latest AOKP ROM does not include any new feature upgrades, it brings the best custom features merged from previous releases and packed into a stable release.
Key Points to Note
- AOKP Build 4 ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable to the international variant Galaxy Nexus I9250 model only and will not work on any other device. Verify the device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed for the phone on computer (download Galaxy Nexus I9250 USB drivers).
- Back up important data and settings on the phone to prevent data loss during firmware installation.
- Ensure that the device has at least 85 percent battery charge to avoid unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the firmware.
- Make sure that the USB Debugging mode is enabled on the phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if the device is running Android 4.0 or later) or going to Settings > Applications > Development (if the phone is running Android 2.3 or earlier). Otherwise if the device is running Android 4.2, then do the following steps:
- Go to Settings > About Phone
- Scroll down to the bottom and select Build Number
- Tap Build Number for seven times to unlock or reveal the Developer Options under Settings. Then select the checkbox to enable USB Debugging mode under Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that the device is factory unlocked and rooted with ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed on it.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK will not be held liable if the device is damaged or bricked during or after firmware installation. Users must proceed at their own risk.
How to Install Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 4 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Nexus I9250
Step 2 - Connect and mount the Galaxy Nexus USB mass storage on computer with original USB cable.
Step 3 - Copy the Android 4.2.2 AOKP Build 4 ROM and Google Apps zip files to the root folder of your phone's SD card.
Step 4 - Power off the phone.
Step 5 - Press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together until the device enters Bootloader Mode.
Step 6 - Follow the onscreen navigational instructions. Choose Bootloader and then boot the device into CWM Recovery.
Step 7 - In CWM recovery, perform full data wipe first. Then browse and select Flash zip from SD card option by using the Power button.
Step 8 - Hit the Power button again and click Choose zip from SD card.
Step 9 - Use volume keys to navigate to AOKP ROM zip file and choose it by tapping Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen and the installation process will begin.
NOTE: Repeat this step for installing Google Apps as well.
Step 10 - Following the installation of ROM and Google Apps, hit Go Back and tap Reboot System Now in the Recovery Menu. The phone will reboot now and the first boot might take about 5 minutes to complete. So do not interrupt the process.
Galaxy Nexus I9250 is now running Android 4.2.2 based AOKP Build 4 Jelly Bean ROM. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists