Stock index futures point to slightly higher open
February 28, 2013 8:14 PM EST
Stock index futures pointed to a slightly higher open on Wall Street on Thursday.
Futures for the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones rose 0.2 percent, while contracts on the Nasdaq 100 were up 0.1 percent at 0852 GMT.
European shares also rose as investors took heart from fresh signs that central banks would continue steps to support the world's economy.
Revised U.S. GDP data at 1330 GMT is expected to show the U.S. economy grew by 0.5 percent in the fourth quarter, rather than a 0.1 percent contraction as initially estimated.
Weekly new jobless claims figures, due at the same time, are seen slowing to 360,000 from 362,000 in the previous seven days.
February's Chicago PMI, due out at 1445 GMT, is expected to come in at 54.3, from 55.6 last month.
Liberty Media Corp
J.C. Penney Co Inc
Business software provider Salesforce.com and clothes retailer Gap
U.S. authorities investigating possible insider trading in ketchup maker H.J. Heinz Co
Bond insurer MBIA Inc
Generic drugmaker Mylan Inc
The U.S. Justice Department said on Wednesday it has won a $1 billion tax shelter case against Dow Chemical Co
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> was up 176.32 points, or 1.27 percent, at 14,076.45 on Wednesday. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was up 19.07 points, or 1.27 percent, at 1,516.01. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was up 32.61 points, or 1.04 percent, at 3,162.26.
(Reporting by Francesco Canepa; Editing by Alison Williams)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date